Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1. Second Glue-up.
PB150006-Edit.jpg

PB240003-Edit.jpg

PB240005-Edit.jpg

PB250011-Edit.jpg
PB250011-Edit.jpg

Looks really good Ron! I've made a few tables in my day... lol and benches. I love creating things in my mind and then building them!

Looks great!

That is beautiful.

Simple, great lines, looks nice!

Simple, elegant, beautiful and practical. I'd call that a home run.

Very good work Ron. I'm in the process of building my Kitchen cabinets. It's one of the most fun parts of building this house.

Thanks for the kind comments folks.

Heather, it is nice to see you are into woodworking. Not many girls get involved in this hobby.

Rick, it may be fun if you are not pressed for time. Son rented out his apartment & I had two weeks to make the kitchen cupboards. A rush job & not built as I would have preferred but completed on time.

IMGP9871.jpg

IMGP9873.jpg

Old poor quality pics.

Very nice!

I'm not much of a joiner, but I can glue roughly hacked pieces of wood to other roughly hacked pieces of wood.

I was just pricing out bookcases the other day. Even pretty expensive ones from a pretty decent store were just garbage. Sure, it's quartersawn this and that, and it's nicely finished. But then they stabilize it by stapling a thin piece of plywood on the back. So now every time I push a book all the way into the shelf, I ease the staples out a little more. Eventually, the plywood warps and falls off, and the $400 bookcase is now garbage. It's like they designed it to last 10 years.

Sure, I could rebuild the thing. I could use these crazy modern methods like "glue" or "screws" to re-fasten the back. OR I could take that $400 and buy a router and some materials and build a much better bookcase myself. It wouldn't look quite as pretty (see above remarks on roughly hacked wood!) but it would last forever.

Anyways, joinery is a wonderful skill, and you make beautiful, otherwise unobtainable, things. That's terrific! Keep it up!

Thanks Photoguy.

I have built almost all the non upholstered furniture in our house. The TV table is my first project in five years because there is no more room for any more my wife said. This table replaces a smaller one we do not know what to do with now. Jeanne says maybe one of the kids could use it. It is also Cherry.

That DOES become a bit of a problem. My father's house got rather full before his wife made him knock it off..

Most reactions

Back