Something Interesting For Flickr Users

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by Miaow, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Miaow

Miaow TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Was just looking around on the net and found this article on a local news site. Thought people would be interested in it :)

Whole article here...Flickr Users Hit Paydirt

2. Garbz

Garbz No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Not to be cynical but when one tries to be the solution to everthing they become the problem for everyone.

There are purpose made sites for various things, and I used to think flickr was purpose made for posting photos online with no fuss. There's RedBubble for selling prints, iStock for stock photography, and I'm sure there would be a source for this somewhere already.

I predict that we will see more cases of that Virgin advert, where people don't understand the licensing agreements or apply the CreativeCommons without reading it and either end up losing their work or having photos of them used commercially against their will.

3. Easy_Target

Easy_Target TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I whole heartedly agree. Not much good will likely come from this development.

4. craig

craig TPF Noob!

Makes me want to get a Flickr account. To me Getty is top rung on the photo buyer ladder.

Flickr is a huge database of images. The trend of perusing Flickr by art directors has already started. Getty is just looking to the future. And why not. There is a lot of good work and hungry photographers on that site. Plus Getty would never tarnish their reputation. May bring some order to things.

Love & Bass

5. Miaow

Miaow TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I actually set one up when I read this article lol - Not sure if I'll use it much though - maybe just upload some of the better pics to it.