Something New for the Instant Photo Crowd

Lends new meaning to the old Huey Lewis song lyric, "It's Hip to Be Square!"

I think the square format has many advantages for casual and snapshot photo uses, mostly however the fact that it minimized unused space in a photo, and forces the photographer to frame fairly tightly, compared with how they might use a 3:2 or 4:3 ratio camera.

looks like the film might be big! nope, it's not. same height as instax wide, 62mm / ~2.5in. ok.

a screen instead of viewfinder will be great because the instax wide 300 camera viewfinder is such guess work and it looks good to include the frame when scanning instant film.

I may buy one for a project I have in mind.

No update from Fuji since fall so I guess we'll see. Looks like a larger version of the Polaroid 300 I have. Wonder if the film size will be proprietary?

people have this now. it's expensive. the film is too. more than 2x as much than their wide film. sounds like you are not shining light from the lens directly onto the film. instead it's captured digitally and then projected onto the film.

people have this now. it's expensive. the film is too. more than 2x as much than their wide film. sounds like you are not shining light from the lens directly onto the film. instead it's captured digitally and then projected onto the film.
Which probably produces sharper images, for good or for bad, depending on your love for the retro. The images that print off my XT2 onto the Instax printer look like the back of my LCD.

it doesn't create a sharper image by using a middle man like that. image might be sharper than a lot of the other instax cameras because it autofocuses. unlike the 300, which has two focus settings.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back