Something so monumentally stupid...

Huh? So how did you get it working?
Lifted it off of the metal truck bed so that the RF from the transmitter could reach the receiver!
Whats RF?
What Gryph said, in short, the metal of the truck bed was blocking the signal between the radio transmitter and flash receiver because the flash unit was laying on the truck bed with the receiver (antenna) against the metal.

But just think, if you had put enough energy through it. You could have tripped off every flash unit on the same channel for 120 mile radius. :aiwebs_016:

Get's me to thinking, wonder if I combine a trigger with an old satellite dish. And kicked up the power. What kinda range we could get. :fangs: :biggrin-93: Flashes would be popping off for no reason confusing the heck out of people. :allteeth:

Huh? So how did you get it working?
Lifted it off of the metal truck bed so that the RF from the transmitter could reach the receiver!
Whats RF?
What Gryph said, in short, the metal of the truck bed was blocking the signal between the radio transmitter and flash receiver because the flash unit was laying on the truck bed with the receiver (antenna) against the metal.

But just think, if you had put enough energy through it. You could have tripped off every flash unit on the same channel for 120 mile radius. :aiwebs_016:

Get's me to thinking, wonder if I combine a trigger with an old satellite dish. And kicked up the power. What kinda range we could get. :fangs: :biggrin-93: Flashes would be popping off for no reason confusing the heck out of people. :allteeth:
Reminds me of an occasion a few years back. I was covering a dance event and unknown to me there was another photographer shooting a different event at another hall in the same building... both of us were going nuts trying to figure out why are strobes were randomly firing... until I tracked her down and we figured we were both using PWs on channel 1! :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back