Something someone said today....

Beginning photographers worry about camera bodies
Intermediate photographers worry about camera lenses
Advanced photographers worry about light

Kinda rings true...

The only thing I'll say about that is that even the best photographer can't always capture his or her vision if the equipment just isn't there.

I worry about my D60 body. Here's why: in low light and at high iso, it produces far too much noise. When you do long exposures, you end up with a couple dozen hot pixels (especially blues and reds).

But I suppose that's really worrying about light, since with more light, it wouldn't be an issue.

Yep, it all comes down to light. Even with the best gear.

It's fun to have nice gear, but I wouldn't blame any of my really good pictures on the gear... it's a combination of my modest skill and some luck most of the time.

Mine are a combination of luck and... uh... dumb luck. :biglaugh:

Yep, when I said modest skill, I meant dumb luck!

Yep - I'm thinking that by the time I manage to cram composition into it it should be about ready to burst!

Lenses :thumbup:

It's fun to have nice gear, but I wouldn't blame any of my really good pictures on the gear... it's a combination of my modest skill and some luck most of the time.

well, only poor peoples says that money cant buy happyness. I wouldnt mind giving it a try.

expensive camera gear doesnt produce great pictures but i wouldnt mind haulling a d3x with the trinity in my camera bag....

Actually I think #3 is far more important. You can have the best camera and lenses on the planet, but if you have no light? You'll have nothing worth shooting. I

^^^ In response to that I would have to ask how often do we actually have no light? I agree, #3 is most important of the three , but possibly "if you have no light?" should be changed to "if you don't have enough light for one's own particular skill level?" it might fit better.

A little light can go along way. ;)

And why they didn't make mention of the actual subject matter of the photograph and how it's framed is kind of curious to me. When viewing threads quite often we see "This does nothing for me." "I don't get it" "This isn't working for me."

While lighting may make viewers change their tunes... May make them like the photograph after all... You might agree that more times then not perfect lighting on an uninteresting subject would rarely make it to masterpiece status. (unless it is the lighting itself that makes the image interesting, which has been known to happen.) ;) My two cents.

My stance on the whole OP is this.

- I worry about my body if it starts to become unstable and unreliable. Alot of good the other will do for you if the body is not in working order.

- I worry about my lens if it starts to become unstable and or unreliable. Quality is a big part of how stable and reliable a lens is to me. If a more reliable quality lens could make the shot better then it's not the body. And it might do it better with less available light.

- Light well I worry about that with my moving subjects more then my stills. Since I am still learning it's more times then not I don't worry about any of the three mentioned enough and with light my lack of understanding has me going "what the heck! Why did it turn out like that!?"

Where does that put me? I don't know, but it a good post to get one thinking for sure.

Again just my two cents

When shooting a nightime highschool football game, I worry if the crappy lights they use to light the field the field will be enough for usable ISO in my camera body when using an f/2.8 lens. :hug::

Beginning photographers worry about camera bodies
Intermediate photographers worry about camera lenses
Advanced photographers worry about light

Kinda rings true...

So, I should not worry about buying any equipment because I cannot afford to buy good lenses and it is dark out.:confused:

I think I am going to try plumbing:mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back