Something someone said today....

To be honest, lately more than ever I worry about light, must be learning from past experiences and it's starting to sink in.

Body I know what it can and cant do, lenses same deal, but I am getting to know their limitations and where each is strongest and when to use them.

But without the right light, forget it.

I still drool over the lenses I can't yet afford.

So light I worry about. :thumbup:
Lenses I dream about, haha.:er:
Body is all good, same with the camera. ;)

Advanced users don't worry about gear because by the time you get 'advanced' at photography you already have your gear sussed.

What I would really like right now is a $100+ focusing screen replacement with a split prism to put in my LOLREBAL

Thanks to Derrel for showing me that such a thing even exists..

I try not to "worry" though, because it takes the fun out of it.

Beginning photographers worry about camera bodies
Intermediate photographers worry about camera lenses
Advanced photographers worry about light

Kinda rings true...

So the folks walking around with disposable cameras *are* the real pros! They don't give a sh*t about the body OR the lens. I knew it... I knew it all along but just didn't want to believe it!

I've been duped into buying this expensive DSLR crap... :grumpy:

I'm touched, . . . wait. . . .what?
he touched you too? :O:lol:

Oh my god, I'm SOOOOOO turned on right now...:drool:

:addpics:

Kinda rings true...

So the folks walking around with disposable cameras *are* the real pros! They don't give a sh*t about the body OR the lens. I knew it... I knew it all along but just didn't want to believe it!

:thumbup: :lmao:

So when an advanced photographer's camera body becomes obsolete and outlives it's purpose, the owner becomes a beginner again? lol!

Why are you people wasting time and forum space trying to pick this apart? Just think about it... Instead of trying to figure out why it isn't true, ponder it, and try to figure out how to make yourself into a better photographer!

If you want to become an expert think about your equipment less and taking good pictures more.

See it doesn't have the same impact.

:geek:

Kudos Bob. I need to start thinking about lighting more. That's why I can't wait to get a new FLASH and Strobist kit!!!!

Kinda rings true...

Not so fast there sunshine! You've got that about 2/3 right, but it is an interesting concept. :lol:

The folks walking around with disposable cameras not only don't give a sh*t about the body OR the lens, they don't give a sh*t about the light either. :lmao:

Kinda rings true...

Not so fast there sunshine! You've got that about 2/3 right, but it is an interesting concept. :lol:

The folks walking around with disposable cameras not only don't give a sh*t about the body OR the lens, they don't give a sh*t about the light either. :lmao:

they do if they opted for the disposable WITH flash!

My backround for the last 30 years is electrical...if anyone needs help with lighting, give me a ring.:mrgreen:

Robert
Sorry about the hijacks, I am in a goofy mood. I have been busy at work and the weather has not cooperated with me when I am not busy...

:lmao: Sorry... I have to get permission to post those... and I doubt my husband will give it to me. :biglaugh: :sexywink:
No worries... just PM them to me ;)

Kinda rings true...

So are you suggesting they are beyond advanced? That not even the light worries them? That perhaps, they are so transcendent that what they worry about is beyond even the mere comprehension of us lesser photographers? :hail:

:lmao:

:lmao: Sorry... I have to get permission to post those... and I doubt my husband will give it to me. :biglaugh: :sexywink:
No worries... just PM them to me ;)

When my husband changes his mind about "not sharing", which I don't anticipate him doing in this lifetime, sure. :greenpbl: :biglaugh:

Why is he so concerned about sharing the pics? Was the lighting bad in them? After all, it's all about the light... Oooooooh I think I just went up a level!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back