Somethings missing...

Karalee

hOtLiPs!
Reaction score
Website
www.shuttervisions.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
You can't link from MSN groups. You will have to use a photo host site that allows linking. I use photobucket.com and it works fairly well.

It may be the scanning or .jpg compression but you photo is kind of soft. It's hard to tell if the wood fence is in focus or not. I really like the shapes and lines that it creates though. The reflection is nice too. I think the background is too bright and is a little distracting.

Overall it's pretty good, keep posting.

You photo quality sucks. i have the same problem. all mine are soft. Photoshop doesn't help very well. :(

Anyhow! I think it need a nice sunset, sunrise, fog....shadows (I don’t know if you can have shadows on water, I think just reflections. i am highly uneducated this way...I don't live near much water)? do something like that.

I agree that it is missing something but I do like it because I have a thing for lines and this is making me drool right now :)

I would love to see nice sunset or sunrise colours. A silhouette even. You could just throw on a filter or a pair of sunglasses over the lens to get a yellow colour to it all. Try that!!

I gave your pic a little PS treatment but I dunno if it's much improvement, what's your thoughts?

Dock%2BPS.jpg

I think it's missing exciting lighting. This same composition at sunrise or sunset or in stormy weather would perk it up some. Plain white skies make plain white reflections on water.

You might try cropping in tighter to make it more of an abstract. There isn't much of a subject for my eye to work with. The interesting part is the fence and it's reflection. It might be worth eliminating all but.

I believe KS is right about the lighting and I also suspect the angle has something to do with it.
Marks suggestion about tightening the crop makes sense but I played awhile and to my eyes this is about the best:

normal_Dock%2BPS2.jpg

Wow thanks for all the comments and suggestions. I wish I could still go down there :roll: but alas the lake is now at full pool. I was just driving by with my camera in the car and pulled over really quick. Im going to have to remember for next year when the lake levels go back down

markc said:
You might try cropping in tighter to make it more of an abstract. There isn't much of a subject for my eye to work with. The interesting part is the fence and it's reflection. It might be worth eliminating all but.
I agree. I think the overall composition is throwing me off.

So I took a stab at it.:)
1dockside_edit.jpg

Is this what you were meaning, mark?

Daniel

Most reactions

Back