Somewhere inside the Indian Ocean!!

the B&W school of fish, and lion fish shots are stellar.
Thanks Braineack! I was wondering if the B&W one is one of those where only the photographer loves it..
These are awesome Raj! I LOVE the Lion Fish. Could have done without the eel, but only because I'm terrified of them.
Thanks Barb! No need to be terrified though, those are gentle creatures; except when they are ripping off the thumb off a diver's hand. :cokespit:

Great stuff Raj! No wet suit? What's the water temp there?
The water was very comfy.. 28-29 degrees all the time. And besides, diving without wetsuit is so much more fun! :allteeth:

I'll have you know, dearest Raj, that I ONLY opened this thread because it was yours. Any other thread with underwater pictures probably would have been passed over because for the most part, they give me the heebie-jeebies! But yours? I'll look :) My favorite is #8, the lion fish, and #3, the school of fish (even though that was one that gave me the heebiest of jeebies!)

Thanks Braineack! I was wondering if the B&W one is one of those where only the photographer loves it..
i typically prefer color over B&W in most cases, but there's something about these that i really like.

Very clear and sharp. I especially like the octopus shots. Are the Lionfish native? They are very striking but have become an absolute plague in the caribbean killing off many native species.

Outstanding set! You are lucky getting to travel to so many great places. Your threads are always great!
When are you going to get a dive housing for your DSLR? You would really get some good use out of one.
I didn't watch your video, I can do just fine without seeing that! :aiwebs_016:
Can't wait for those cave photos. :)

I'll have you know, dearest Raj, that I ONLY opened this thread because it was yours. Any other thread with underwater pictures probably would have been passed over because for the most part, they give me the heebie-jeebies! But yours? I'll look :) My favorite is #8, the lion fish, and #3, the school of fish (even though that was one that gave me the heebiest of jeebies!)
After a 16 hour work day, I really needed this - gave me a big grin :allteeth:. You're a wonderful person Leonore, Thank you! :1247: Maybe I can convince you to come dive with me someday, like I was telling Barb @symplybarb that I'll convince her to come Caving with me. :1219::boogie:
Very clear and sharp. I especially like the octopus shots. Are the Lionfish native? They are very striking but have become an absolute plague in the caribbean killing off many native species.
Oh is it! I wasn't aware that these beautiful creature can cause this much trouble - I'm surprised!
Outstanding set! You are lucky getting to travel to so many great places. Your threads are always great!
When are you going to get a dive housing for your DSLR? You would really get some good use out of one.
I didn't watch your video, I can do just fine without seeing that! :aiwebs_016:
Can't wait for those cave photos. :)
:) Thanks man, I've been trying to travel as much as possible lately. It's a different lifestyle, with it's own share of sacrifices - yet still quite amazing. Dive housing may have to wait though! As much as I want one, a good one costs upwards of 6000 US$$$. :cokespit:
Cave one - I have videos, but the next time we go to the same spot, I'll carry my DSLR. It's a little tricky to carry it as we are really a canyoneering group, and the adventures very often require us to swim with all our gears. My DSLR can't swim very well :concern:

:) Thanks man, I've been trying to travel as much as possible lately. It's a different lifestyle, with it's own share of sacrifices - yet still quite amazing. Dive housing may have to wait though! As much as I want one, a good one costs upwards of 6000 US$$$. :cokespit:
Cave one - I have videos, but the next time we go to the same spot, I'll carry my DSLR. It's a little tricky to carry it as we are really a canyoneering group, and the adventures very often require us to swim with all our gears. My DSLR can't swim very well :concern:

$6000 is kinda pricey! :aiwebs_016:
As for swimming with your camera for short periods, I have heard that the waterproof bags work okay, just keep a close watch on it.

Cool stuff!!! Great to see you posting again.
Thank you terri! :)

Great set.
Thakns Zombiesniper! :)
$6000 is kinda pricey! :aiwebs_016:
As for swimming with your camera for short periods, I have heard that the waterproof bags work okay, just keep a close watch on it.
Oh yes.. so if you wanna send some over feel free :p
I don't know how reliable those bags are though, have you ever used one yourself? Worth a try I guess!

Oh yes.. so if you wanna send some over feel free :p
I don't know how reliable those bags are though, have you ever used one yourself? Worth a try I guess!
I have never used one, but I do know some people that have, and liked them. But they were just putting their camera under the water for a short time, and only just below the surface. I bet there is someone around here that has used one, you could post a thread in the "Gear" section. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back