Songs that have made you cry

I don't know about crying but a few live performances I've heard have definitley given me goose-bumps. I saw Cyndi Lauper once and her solo performance of 'True Colors' put a lump in my throat.

There's '500 miles' by the Proclaimers that now just brings back memories of the past and I only thought of that now because of Hobbes and Alison. That's totally a theme song for you guys. Check it out if you haven't already.

josh groban--you raise me up

dashboard confessional--this ruined puzzle

peter gabriel--in your eyes(played at my wedding)

md

malachite said:
There's '500 miles' by the Proclaimers that now just brings back memories of the past and I only thought of that now because of Hobbes and Alison. That's totally a theme song for you guys. Check it out if you haven't already.

I love that song but never really applied it until now. I may have to find that one. :)

malachite said:

thats one them thar drinking songs for me, there's nothing like being a bar full a blitzed scottspeople and hearing that song play :lol: Only tears involved is having to listen to them try to sing that!

1st off, hobbes THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE :!:

"In your eyes"- ahh sweet memories and so true.

"To Make You Feel My Love" by Garth Brooks (the hope floats version) also played at my wedding as one of our two songs.

"Do You Remember" J. Giels Band - memories of my Dad.

"Under The Bridge" RHCP - tradgic memories of a friend

"Loving Every Minute" Mark Wills - when I have been drunk and philosophical!

"Live Like You Were Dying" Tim McGraw - well self explanitory I guess

Wow I am now the official mentally unstable bummer of this thread aren't I!!!!

"Me and a Gun" by Tori Amos That song is so haunting and sad. If you haven't heard it, find it and listen.

It's actually a true story that happened to her.

I'm stunned! Not one of you was affected by Michael Jackson's son about a rat....Ben! :)

Honestly don't know of a song that has made me emotionally teary, but plenty of songs have made me cry in pain.

Prokol Harum's "A Whiter Shade Of Pale" and...

Annie Lennox' "No More I Love Yous"

Basically the same tune, the lyrics "A Whiter Shade Of Pale" became "A Paler Shade Of White"

Both beautiful!

Most reactions

Back