Sons of Liberty

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anyone watching Sons of Liberty? I just finished episode 1 and I think I'm out. I thought a show on the "History" channel would be, you know, historically accurate. My bad. Very disappointed, I usually love this type of stuff.

Anyone watching Sons of Liberty? I just finished episode 1 and I think I'm out. I thought a show on the "History" channel would be, you know, historically accurate. My bad. Very disappointed, I usually love this type of stuff.
I haven't watched it.

Apparently in the case of The History Channel, the term "history" refers to the genre only.

I recorded it and have watched all 3 episodes twice.....while interesting, it is so far from being histoically accurate....I agree, the History channel is no longer about accurate history....very disappointed.....

Yes, I didn't know that. I realize now that it is "fictionalized" history after reading a few reviews online (after watching). I guess they didn't try to market it as anything else so my bad for not knowing. I think I would have enjoyed it more had I known what I was getting going in.

Unfortunately, popular dissemination of input becomes whatever it wants to be.

"History" is whatever history is currently in vogue.
"Mathematics" is taught in whichever method is in vogue.
The English language becomes whatever people think it should be.
Politicians lie but are never called on it.
Science is turning into popular opinion.
People's health care is all over the map as to prevention and treatment of disease.

Welcome to the 21st Century.

Good night.

I recorded it and have watched all 3 episodes twice.....while interesting, it is so far from being histoically accurate....I agree, the History channel is no longer about accurate history....very disappointed.....

I'll have to go back to getting my history from HBO.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back