Sony a55 help needed. Shutter problem

Andeeme

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've had my a55 only about a month. Love it so much. Taking great shots. Was taking photos at an event today - all was well, then I went into video mode (don't know if this is related) - and back out (via reset to defaults) and now when I press the shutter button - nothing happens. Everything else seems normal - but no photo. Can you help? I'm distressed...

I personally have never had this happen with my A55. Possibly take it back to where you got it?

Did you possibly fill the memory card up to capacity while in video mode?

I wish that was the case. I erased the short video and even tried changing the memory card ....

Nothing at all happens? Even when half pressed it doesn't try to meter, focus?

It does focus... It just doesn't click and capture the image. It seems as though a lock is engaged or something.....

Maybe it's mirror lockup?!?!?!

Is that something I can fix, or is a repair shop in my future?

Is that something I can fix, or is a repair shop in my future?

It was more of a photo geek joke. The mirror doesn't move in an SLT. If you've tried a factory reset, I would send it in.

Does it take an SD card? And is the lock switch on the SD card flipped to the locked position?

Don't think that's it - as I was shooting successfully and the it just stopped...

Are you absolutely, positively, 100% certain that the battery isn't low?

Are you absolutely, positively, 100% certain that the battery isn't low?

Re-did eveything... changed the memory card, changed the battery (neither of which seemed needed) AND reset the defaults and now it is working again. No idea why, but SUPER grateful for all your help.

Andrea

Most reactions

Back