Sony A57

demonco

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is the sony a57 any good.

I'm thinking about buying it
Original owner says it's been barely used.
From the pictures it looks minty
Has a 18-70 mm and 70-300mm
For $200

I'd go for it. It's a good deal for that. Enjoy

I'd go for it. It's a good deal for that. Enjoy
Yeah I'm going to try to get it
I'm going to have to wait until I get paid but
That shouldn't be a problem.
I like that i could use Minolta maxxum
Lenses with it. I've always liked macro photography. So now I can try it on a better camera

No not yet.
But i see them quite often when I look through craigslist

Hmm, honestly ... I would suggest you skip it unless you can get some really great prices on Minolta lenses, and the A57 is cheap.
I have an investment into Sony/Minolta ... they make some really good stuff but it ain't for the low budget photographer. The only reason I have it is due to the legacy Minolta equipment that we had from the film days.

Honestly, there is soooooo much Canon/Nikon equipment out there that I would consider it the cheap way to go.

If you got money to spent ... then you would not be looking at an A57 ... more like an A77m2, the A99m2, or an A7something.

That kit is probably a fifth of what it cost new. Good deal if it's in good condition

Hmm, I seemed to have jumped the gun ... missed the post about the price of the stuff ... $200.00, hmm ... if both are Sony lenses, then it is a pretty OK deal.

Hmm, I seemed to have jumped the gun ... missed the post about the price of the stuff ... $200.00, hmm ... if both are Sony lenses, then it is a pretty OK deal.
They are both sony lenses
I was thinking about trying to find a 50mm Minolta macro lens to go along with it
Thinking probably around $50 for it
Might try to talk her down to $150
So I would only have 200 in it

Ok, don't get me wrong ... I like Sony stuff ... I've bought lots of them and will continue using them.
$150 would be a good deal. I had the A57 for a long time and it did very well for me.

The 50mm macro is a good lens, its cheap, and it works well ... if you ever get into wildlife photography, you will start spending $$$$

Do you know the make/model of the 70-300mm ?
No the only thing I can make out is
Sony 70 300 and near the front of the lens
It's says macro

Most reactions

Back