Sony A6500: 3 Lenses for 1200 euro

GSheehan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all,

Tall ask I know but with a budget of 1200 euro, I'm looking for 3x lenses to cover all use cases with a Sony A6500. I have a Sigma MC-11 Canon EF adapter so Canon fit lenses are also an option. I mainly shoot landscape photo but also do a lot of video from mid to long range. What I had in mind:

- Samyang 12mm f/2
- Sigma 24-105 f/4 (or possibly Sony 24-70 f/4)
- Canon 70-200 f/4 non IS

Would be buying from Einfinity.

I should add, I currently have the Canon 16-35mm f/4 as I have moved from a Canon 700d. So would be selling this and putting some money towards getting the others. Thanks!

I am curious why you are getting rid of Canon 16-35mm f/4 zoom when you already have the Sigma MC-11 adapter? I think Sony has a 28-135mm zoom (around f/4). I have never looking into whether it was a particularly good lens, but if you keep your current zoom and go with something like a 28-135, then you have some overlap, which means you can get a bit more done without changing lenses.

I am curious why you are getting rid of Canon 16-35mm f/4 zoom when you already have the Sigma MC-11 adapter? I think Sony has a 28-135mm zoom (around f/4). I have never looking into whether it was a particularly good lens, but if you keep your current zoom and go with something like a 28-135, then you have some overlap, which means you can get a bit more done without changing lenses.

Hi, thanks for the reply. My thinking is that I use the 16-35 now for mainly landscapes and rarely if ever deviate from 16mm as I always try to go as wide as possible. Selling that lens would give me the money for 2 lenses. The Sony 28-135 is over 2000 euro so well above budget unfortunately!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back