sony a77

Status
Not open for further replies.

suppyxx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i was thinking about getting one... but not sure i have read about it the pros the cons but i want some more people views on it
not trying to get professional just mainly pictures for concerts and videos of them and

yeah i was reading about that even with the hvl f58am flash will that help

Sony Alpha SLT-A77 Camera Operation - Hands-On Preview

"The Sony A77's EVF does an excellent job of gaining-up when the light gets dim. There's no free lunch, in that the trade-offs are that the image gets a bit grainy looking, and the refresh rate drops dramatically, but the net result is I was much more able to see what I was shooting after dark with the A77 than I've ever been with any optical-viewfinder camera I've used in the past."

"The Sony A77's EVF does an excellent job of gaining-up when the light gets dim. There's no free lunch, in that the trade-offs are that the image gets a bit grainy looking, and the refresh rate drops dramatically, but the net result is I was much more able to see what I was shooting after dark with the A77 than I've ever been with any optical-viewfinder camera I've used in the past."

I still wouldn't buy one for studio use

From what I read the ISO is the one thing that the canon 7d still beat the a77 at. This is crucial for night photography at concerts. of course 1600 is okay but i really wanted to see sony come out with something that could do 3200 or 6400 with less noise.

I totally agree. I wish they would offer the A77 with their incredible 16 megapixel sensor. The high ISO performance form that sensor is amazing and appears to beat any other aps-c sensor out there.

Hey guys,
I just got the a77 (body only), and I was wondering if the kit lens was worth buying?
The f/2.8 is pretty much the only thing that calls out to me, so I'm still debating between getting this one or the Carl Zeiss 16-80mm f/3.5-4.5
Any suggestions? Anything helps!

I still wouldn't buy one for studio use

For serious studio use, rent a Red One, Epic Red, or Leica S9. Why consider anything else?

skieur

From what I read the ISO is the one thing that the canon 7d still beat the a77 at. This is crucial for night photography at concerts. of course 1600 is okay but i really wanted to see sony come out with something that could do 3200 or 6400 with less noise.

I just dumped my canon gear for sony A77 and am very happy, the EVF has taken a little getting used to, it kicks but. As far as the high ISO shooting goes it is better than you think and a firmware update 1.04 has now made it even better. Look out Canon and Nikon, sony is giving you a run for the money.

Hmm TJH, what camera did you have ?
I know at one time you had a Nikon D60 ... what Canon did you have ?

What lenses did you get with the Sony ?

Well I can tell you mine focuses in very low light situations and the noise levels are low. Personally I think it's the best camera on the market unless you go full frame. But get a fast lens. Don't buy it and put cheap glass on it.

Just read my first reveiw of the A77 in a pro UK mag can't see any pro sports shooters buying it write speads slow so you struggle to get 12fps and you can only use it in AE (auto exposure) mode set, so the only way to control exposure is by ISO or exposure compensation, another thing the was concerning was the tester would not use it over ISO400 and didn't consider it suitable for low-light work

I use my a33 in low-light all the time. :lol: I don't really understand why people keep bringing it up. It's not like the a77 is going to take "bad" low-light pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back