Sony a7R, you want one.....

They are an inexpensive option in terms of fullframe cameras
They cost almost exactly the same as equivalent full frame cameras.
Sony A7 and Canon 6D for instance are two equivalently low end full frame cameras in mirrorless and SLR respectively, and are sold within dollars of one another.
Yes exactly what I said. Same price approx as Nikon and Canon's cheapest options. Inexpensive

Um no but that's only Sony's cheapest option TOO.
When you look at Sony's more expensive options (A7r, etc.), it becomes equal to Nikon and Canon's more expensive options (5D models, etc.).
You have to always compare apples to apples, and when you do, it is exactly the same.

In no way is it logical to say there is any sort of cost savings in full frame bodies by going mirrorless.

Um no but that's only Sony's cheapest option TOO. When you look at Sony's more expensive options (A7r, etc.), it becomes equal to Nikon and Canon's more expensive options (5D models, etc.). You have to always compare apples to apples, and when you do, it is exactly the same. In no way is it logical to say there is any sort of cost savings in full frame bodies by going mirrorless.

Actually your wrong. The a7r is compared to he d800. 36mp to 36mp is more apples to apples right??? The canon 5d models are not 36 mp.

Now comparing apples to apples a7r to d800 it is cheaper.

Oh missed that. Fair enough, but still only a 14.3% price difference...

It would mean that I could hang onto my overpriced deli habit for longer, though!

Oh missed that. Fair enough, but still only a 14.3% price difference...

It would mean that I could hang onto my overpriced deli habit for longer, though!

Well see there, now you can stop skimping on the extras and actually order them with the mustard. Happy Day! Win Win!!! Synergy Dance!!!

Lol

Well you are right Nikon has been king of the hill for a long time and i don't see anyone knocking them off anytime soon. I do respect Nikon and their old school approach. I mean when I use my D800 for long exposures I still have to mirror up and take care in getting the shot. I do like my a99 though. No flipping mirror, super quite shutter I almost don't need to use a remote. The EVF is a God send sometimes when I am shooting in really low light. Focus peaking also takes the work out of getting the foreground sharp.
Many years ago different camera systems all were about the same maybe the buttons were in different spots but now days systems all miles apart from each other and getting further apart every day.

If by the end of the year they havent shown me enough, Im moving on to Nikon.

never can go wrong with a NIKON

Check out the video reviews on the a6000 and it's focus. It's blinding fast and can track better than most DSLRs. Sony's technology seems to work from the bottom up I expect the next round of the full frame mirror less cameras are going to be the best period.

What what I mean is it's an amazing camera. The image quality is by far the best I have seen. Most normal shooters that don't need blinding fast AF, 10 FPS, focus that will track fast moving objects.
For travel, vacation chasing the kids around the park and stunning wall hanging landscapes and your good. Don't take it to the Super Bowl if your workin' for a livin' and shooting for cash. That's what I mean.

Lol.. I get ya. Looks like the IQ really is fantastic. I wouldn't mind having something smaller than my DSLR, something I could carry with me when the DSLR is really overkill. I just haven't found one yet with an EVF that I really like or think would suit my needs. My other concern is that mirrorless is relatively new - and I'm a little worried about investing in a system until I know it's something that is going to get long term support. I just really haven't gotten that impression yet from a lot of these newer systems. The other consideration of course is that for the kind of money I'd be putting into a mirrorless could by me some really nice stuff for the DSLR I already have, so most likely I'll also be waiting for them to come down in price a tad before I really start taking serious interest.

I played with an a7 at the Sony store. Very nice machine !

Still saving for a a99 tho. :)

Photoshop CC/CS6 has a new A7-A7r
w.png
download for their DNG Converter that as of this date will not open the files, so until this is fixed, it is useless.

A7R is a compact, high resolution camera with outstanding image quality that is ideal for landscape photography, street photography and studio photography but with enough versatility to be used for general purpose and travel.

Been reading articles past few days and looks like sony is coming out with a newer A mount soon. With all the new stuff sony is putting out it really is scary to think that they are going to constantly be releasing newer gear that makes consumers wish they had waited a little longer. I think this is something that Nikon and Canon do better is that they are not so fast to release new cameras every month , hahahahaha Sony reminds me of the cell phone industry where phones are constantly getting out done. There is good and bad to this but clearly it seems more of about business practice disguised as better tech for the user. They just released the A6000 with the worlds fastest auto focus system now this new camera is supposed to be even faster and better……WOW….I am not sure I can take this type of craziness….Makes thinking about just going back to nikon maybe better because there upgrades are usually not that big and don't leave you wanting to upgrade so fast.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back