Sony Alpha A 300

Dagwood56

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all, I haven't been around much lately, been ill, But anyway, I just received a $$$ gift from a relative and I was able to locate a Sony Alpha 300 in my price range. Been out of touch for almost 8 months ----can anyone tell me if this is a good camera. It comes without a lens, is supposeed to be mint condition and has all the accessories and manual [e-bay]. I have many minolta maxxum lenses that are supposed to work on it though. Just don;t want to end up spending my $$ on something that may have been discontinued already for whatever reason - seems I have a knack for doing that.;)
Thanks for your input

Carol

The Sony A300 is a current camera toward the middle of Sony's line. The range of lenses extends from Minolta through Sony to Zeiss lenses on the expensive end. They now have a high end pro camera out called the A900 that is priced less than the competition and completes well with the top Canon and Nikon cameras, so there is room to grow in this line of cameras. Having produced the A100, A200, A300, A350, A700 and A900, all in a very short time, Sony is certainly serious about digital photography and determined to steal market share from Canon and Nikon. Since Sony produces camera chips too, they have an advantage over some of their competition.

skieur

:thumbup: Thanks a lot for the info - now if I can just win the bid.:lol:

Most reactions

Back