Sony downgraded to JUNK rating?

Sony has always had a difficulty with noise performance, it never really bothered me, I think when you get into the higher ISOs it's a matter of if it looks crappy or if it looks a little less crappy; high ISO never really interested me, and never did, not even when I was shooting film. But 1/3 stop less signal is what it is, and there is no way to get around this..

Sure there is. Use a slower shutterspeed, which is possible because there is NO mirror vibration.

skieur

No. Because the compensation is done automatically at analog gain. Increasing shutter speed won't do anything when I'm already at maximum exposure.

Ah, "slower shutterspeed" means DECREASING shutter speed not "Increasing" it....just so you know.:lol:

skieur

when I need someone to go over typos, I'll be sure to give you a call.

when I need someone to go over typos, I'll be sure to give you a call.

Oh, then your comment about "maximum exposure" was also a typo too"?:lmao:....since there is no such thing. One can always increase exposure as you should know, even with a limited knowledge of photography.

skieur

skieur said:
Oh, then your comment about "maximum exposure" was also a typo too"?:lmao:....since there is no such thing. One can always increase exposure as you should know, even with a limited knowledge of photography.

skieur

Well...um...heh...technically the maximum exposure could be stated as the point when an image loses all detail and everything goes to 255, 255, 255 white.

At least that's the way I interpreted it. I mean, if something is already completely white, you can't make it whiter by going from 1/1000 to 1/500 at f/1.2 and 6400 ISO in bright daylight...

I know this sounds like a smartass response but that may be what he's referring to(?)

skieur said:

skieur

Well...um...heh...technically the maximum exposure could be stated as the point when an image loses all detail and everything goes to 255, 255, 255 white.

At least that's the way I interpreted it. I mean, if something is already completely white, you can't make it whiter by going from 1/1000 to 1/500 at f/1.2 and 6400 ISO in bright daylight...

I know this sounds like a smartass response but that may be what he's referring to(?)

Well, he was talking about 1/3 stop less light to the Sony sensor on the SLT which he said you cannot get around if you are at "maximum exposure".

That is only meaningful and relevant in a LOW LIGHT situation.

I cannot imagine "maximum exposure" which would mean a reading that you could NOT adjust beyond a shutter speed of for example several minutes.

skieur

Most reactions

Back