Sony f828

No, it's not a dslr. It's "dslr like". You can not remove or change the lens, you can only buy those lens adapters that screw on to the end of the lens that are expensive and low quality. I don't think that Sony makes any slr right now. I used to have the mavica cd500 which had many nice features and I liked the quality of the images, but finally went to slr b/c you couldn't change lenses and wanted better manual features.

That's right, the F828 is what they call "SLR-Like"...basically a high end point & shoot digi-cam.

Personally, I think it's pointless to buy a camera like that because you can get an actual DSLR for around the same price. (or slightly more).

The biggest difference is the size of the sensor, it's the same small sensor in the F828 that is in most digicams. I've actually heard that that camera/sensor is prone to chromatic aberration and purple fringing. Compared to similar priced cameras anyway.

Not to mention all the other differences between that camera and a true DSLR.

On another note, Sony has a new digi-cam with a bigger sensor...The Sony DSC-R1. Seems like it would be much better than the small sensored cameras but if you are going to spend $1000 on a camera...why not just get a DSLR?

Big Mike said:
On another note, Sony has a new digi-cam with a bigger sensor...The Sony DSC-R1. Seems like it would be much better than the small sensored cameras but if you are going to spend $1000 on a camera...why not just get a DSLR?

I'm considering one actually as a snapper. I reckon it's versatile enough for pub work and candids.

Rob

Rob said:
I'm considering one actually as a snapper. I reckon it's versatile enough for pub work and candids.

Rob

Wouldn't a Canon 350D or a Nikon D50 be a better choice? The cameras are about the same size (as far as I can tell) and if you put a smallish lens onto one of the SLRs...it's about the same as the Sony & lens.

I did a side by side here and the Sony does stack up very well except that it does not have a TTL viewfinder, no RAW format and the big one...it's got a fixed lens.

I'd figure an ideal snapper would be something you could fit into a pocket...but that's personal preference.

I just saw the price that $1400 seems like a lot of money to spend on a p&s camera (I thought they had come down a bit). You can get a really nice dslr and even a good piece of glass and sizeable sd card for that.

Big Mike said:
I did a side by side here and the Sony does stack up very well except that it does not have a TTL viewfinder, no RAW format and the big one...it's got a fixed lens.

I'd figure an ideal snapper would be something you could fit into a pocket...but that's personal preference.

Sod RAW format - life is too short for messing around. However, I didn't realise it's a EVF. Not interested anymore!!

Do Canon do like a low-profile lens like the Nikon 45mm f2.8?

B00005LENW.01-A2JI299HQFXCU6._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

*sorry for the hijack!*

It's awesome - you can fit a lensed up SLR in a "normal" pocket. Ok, it ain't fast or sharp sharp sharp, but it's good compared to some! Might work with a EOS350D with a converter? Hmm that'd be unique anyway!

It looks interesting. I'm sure it would look and feel pretty weird to be shooting with one of those.

Most reactions

Back