Sony to stop producing DSLR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
skieur said:
Well, if Colorado is your area of comparison....:lol:

skieur

I live in California and have never seem a pro use Sony

You probably never will! :0 (unless it is a Craiglist / Facebook type PRO!)

I guess that is why so few PRO's use SONY! ;)

Well, if Colorado is your area of comparison....:lol:

skieur

I am just going to add you to the IGNORE list with the rest of the trolls.. I have never seen you make a useful comment, only spew SONY excrement! :)

Well "Sony excrement" certainly indicates your extreme bias and where you are coming from, as well as your immaturity and limited photographic experience.
So, it is about time, you stayed out of the Sony forum, and went back to your own area.

skieur

I'm jumping off the Sony bandwagon this year. As a A700 user I was impressed by the quality of photos I was able to create with this robust camera but now that the entire line is being "upgraded" to SLT technology, I'm no longer interested in playing their game. Sony was a great value compared to other high-end DSLR's for a while but the move to SLT leaves me wondering why they haven't gone fully mirrorless like with their NEX series. I've decided to buy into Fuji's experiment with the X-Pro 1 because I believe eliminating the reflex mirror is the next logical step in pro-photography. Mirrors are loud, vibration-inducing and now a relic of the past as direct-view cameras are coming to market with usable resolution and features. Sony's SLT mirror is just another stumbling-block in the light-path of the imaging sensor. Fuji was kind enough to include an eye-level optical finder (that switches to EVF) for guys like me who use them extensively. I'm sad to see Sony using this "bridge" technology between the DSLR and mirrorless camera because the cameras remain bulky and have low-light performance issues.

Sony: go full-throttle into mirrorless or find a way to make the DSLR more relevant to the future of photography. SLT may just be an incredible waste of time and resources.

Given the supposed features of the A99, it should be no surprise that Sony may be dropping the flipping mirror. ISO up to the 100,000 area suggests that they may have conquered the noise issues. No bayer filter on the sensor and no anti-aliasing suggests the potential for super sharp images. Flash sync at any speed suggests that they have taken care of speed shooting too. A crop body and a full frame will meet different needs.

skieur

I have seen that too.. a Sony user on a night walk was complaining that he couldn't see some subjects, and was asking some of us to hold flashlights so he could try to get some shots. lol! I suggested he get a Nikon!

Compare to the OLED VF of a77, any OVF will be useless in extreme darkness.. I wouldn't suggest a Nikon to that user. They don't know how to make a camera sensor. They can design, but they don't know how to make it. They always have an outside party helping them. At least Canon can make their own from the scratch. Nikon should go to Barnes and Noble store and see if they can find a book like "Create a Camera Sensor 101", or "How to create a Camera Sensor for Dummies" Nyehehehehe!!!

Last edited:
I have seen that too.. a Sony user on a night walk was complaining that he couldn't see some subjects, and was asking some of us to hold flashlights so he could try to get some shots. lol! I suggested he get a Nikon!

Compare to the OLED VF of a77, any OVF will be useless in extreme darkness..

Hilarious Argie. Truly comedic gold.

I see Argie is still delusional... too bad I can't see his posts except second hand now! I come here when I need a good laugh! (of course that hold true for SKIER too!)

I see Argie is still delusional... too bad I can't see his posts except second hand now! I come here when I need a good laugh! (of course that hold true for SKIER too!)

I have to agree, I know I may sound serious sometimes when I am arguing with Argie. But I actually find him hilarious! :lol: He is a complete waste of space who dosen't contribute anything at all to this forum. No doubt about that one.

I'm getting rather sick of repeatedly having to lock Sony threads because a group of people like to bait/fight with each other. Disagreements are fine, but keep any debate to debating the facts - once you start throwing in the personal insults and such you all end up as bad as each other, and if this continued pattern keeps happening the next time a thread is locked those involved might find themselves on a period of enforced silence for a while.

Furthermore if you put some one on ignore that's it - end of things and you move on. You do not use it as a way to give out retorts/insults without comeback from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back