Sony Walkman not working need help

annamaria

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, I have a Sony Walkman that I bought many years ago that I forgot I had. It's in good condition. I have recharged it thoroughly and it does not work. I proceeded to reset it and format it and still no go. Anyone here familiar with this Walkman or perhaps a techie that could help me out. I have attached the pics of the Walkman along with the charging unit. Btw it does show it's charged.
Image1467643875.201346.jpg
Image1467643889.412232.jpg
Image1467643902.693251.jpg
Image1467643914.942021.jpg

What, if anything, do you see on your computer when it's connected?

In win 7 explorer it shows the actual name Walkman connected and it shows the music I had on there as well. It's strange. I made sure the volume was on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It sounds like the player software may have become corrupted, in which case there's likely not much to be done.

It sounds like the player software may have become corrupted, in which case there's likely not much to be done.

Thanks iron appreciate you trying.

I clicked on this thinking you had a problem with a Walkman that had problems playing a cassette ... hmm, I think I still have one of those.
So this is an MP3 player ... what exactly does not work ?

I clicked on this thinking you had a problem with a Walkman that had problems playing a cassette ... hmm, I think I still have one of those.
So this is an MP3 player ... what exactly does not work ?

It's a digital music player from 2009. I can transfer songs to the player just fine. I checked in Windows explorer and it shows the songs and plays it from within Windows, but when I disconnect it and place in my ears I can't hear anything. I tried everything according to the Sony site.

It is possible the firmware and software outdated. I think Sony is no longer supported your headset. If you plan to buy another headset, make sure you read about 'Battery care' in the instruction manual. Battery failure is very common on battery built in Bluetooth portable device.

I had a couple 2009 Sony recharbeable stuff and the batteries in all of them no longer held a charge a long time ago. I ended up tossing them all. I'm surprised yours still work.

It is possible the firmware and software outdated. I think Sony is no longer supported your headset. If you plan to buy another headset, make sure you read about 'Battery care' in the instruction manual. Battery failure is very common on battery built in Bluetooth portable device.

Probably so. I don't plan on getting another Sony Walkman since the issue with the battery is still a problem. Thanks for the heads up.

I had a couple 2009 Sony recharbeable stuff and the batteries in all of them no longer held a charge a long time ago. I ended up tossing them all. I'm surprised yours still work.

Oh really? I think I'm going to toss it, it's a shame though since it looks brand new. Oh well that's electronics for you [emoji57]

What model is it?

I'm assuming it has the latest firmware and the audio jacks are unobstructed.

As for updates all I could find was a content transfer update which I installed and yes audio jacks are unobstructed.

Most reactions

Back