Soon to be available for Sony A-mount.....

DiskoJoe

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sigma 18-35mm f1.8
18-35mm.jpg

This is already out for Canon and Nikon but will soon be available for Sony Aps-c motors. I wish I had an extra $799 so I could go get this. I heard a rumor on Reddit about a possible 24-70mm F2 but Sigma had nothing to say on that one except that its not in the works.

Last edited:
Interesting, I look forward to seeing the reviews.

I figure it will be pretty decent. All the sigma lenses I have are really nice for the cash I spent on them. usually nice sharp picture quality and good colors. A tad bit on the cool side for white balance but easy to compensate for since I use all sigma zooms.

I hope this lens serves as a real kick in the pants for Canon and Nikon. It's about time those two manufacturers got really SERIOUS about putting out something new and cutting edge for their crop-sensor cameras. They both ought to feel the sting of having Sigma do this first.

I hope this lens serves as a real kick in the pants for Canon and Nikon. It's about time those two manufacturers got really SERIOUS about putting out something new and cutting edge for their crop-sensor cameras. They both ought to feel the sting of having Sigma do this first.

My mind was blown when I saw this on Reddit. I really didnt even know it was possible to have a constant aperture this wide on a zoom lens. Id really like to go toy with one. I might have to make a trip to a brick and mortar to go see it first hand. If they do actually develop the 24-70 f2 for FF I could see that being a serious game changer for Sigma. The rumor said that it might be showing at a convention in 2014.

Most reactions

Back