Sooo.. I bought the tamron 24-70 vr lens last year, ended up with metal shavings inside

Lucryster

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I bought the 24-70 tamron lens last fall. The zoom wheel (or what ever you call it) was a little rough in the turning, but didnt think much of it. I just went to do the my first major cleaning of my lenses, and noticed that theres metal shavings inside the lens between the outside glass and the inside glass. What do you guys think the chances are that either Tamron or B&H will fix this for me? I cant afford to spend another 1200 dollars on the lens.

You bought it new yes? The lens comes with a 6 year warranty. Check your warranty card or the Tamron website for instructions on how to make a claim.

+1 to the above. This sounds like a manufacture error and thus should be covered under warranty - considering how new it is you don't even have to fill in the cards or forms for "extra" duration (as some companies have you do) you're already covered under your general purchasing rights anyway. So contact either B&H or the manufacturer and get the ball rolling (B&H won't do the warranty, but many stores are used to being the middle-man for customers and can help things run if you've never done it before)

Well I have sent in the lens to Tamron. We will see if they try and claim it was drop damage or some such. Ive read some horror stories about people dealing with their warranty service.

To be fair sometimes those "horror stories" are not 100% true - although oft because someone else in the family DID drop/splash/soak the item in question without the owner knowing about it.

Well I sent in the lens, and I just got off the phone with them and the lady said that it looks like its going to be a warranty repair! Ill know for sure later today, but man am I relieved!

This metal shavings happens in other brand lenses as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shouldnt you have sent in your camera as well? In case its damaged from the metal grinding...

Well I sent in the lens, and I just got off the phone with them and the lady said that it looks like its going to be a warranty repair! Ill know for sure later today, but man am I relieved!
what a horror story.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back