Soooo Payments on DSLR???

If you do Best Buy - read the fine print on returns! They can be picky!!!

Be careful with them, since Circuit City has closed Best Buy has now also taken on that 15% restocking fee on any electronic return!

I've bought a few things from Adorama using billmelater. No interest for 90 days.

Most of the things I buy are used. If I wait till I save the money, it might not be there anymore, so billmelater is a convenient option. I know my financial limitations though, and don't "buy" it if I don't think I can pay it off before the interest free 90 days are up.

don't buy what you cant afford.

I agree! Unless you're already making money with your photography and you have a legitimate NEED for a higher end camera, then considering you've already got good equipment, why finance $3000 worth of equipment and end up paying the extra interest? Just put away a little every month. What I do is have a second bank account, and I have my bank automatically deposit $100 out of every pay check into that "play" account, and I add to it when I have an extra $20 or so.... then I just spend what's in there. It adds up pretty fast.

Thanks for the comments lol.... I know I was going to get the ones saying what do you need a bigger camera for? Listening to alot of those comments is how I think I ended up with the Pentax K20d... which is wonderful. I haven't grown out of it yet but I do know eventually I want to shoot in full-frame. I'm not the type of person who has to have the newest version of something. I already know what I want specifically.

Whatever I get is something I see myself with for yeeeeearrrssss!!!!! And if I invest in anything else over that period of time it will be lenses. Yeah, a monster camera :lol: would be a little too much right now but again, I was referring to the future. I also am very determined. Since I bought my slr there hasn't been a day that I did not shot, I'm taking classes, sometimes shooting with professionals. I ask tons of questions, research online. I'm not ready to master a Monster camera but I know what I'm capable of when I put my all into something. I'm in not hurry though. I'll look into the bill-me-later details but I really wasn't talking about financing a camera.... More like lay-away... I know things like lay-a-away aren't too common anymore. I only know of a few companies that still do it... Walmart actually used too a loooong time ago. lol With this you don't get the equipment until you pay it off. No finance charges... Oh well maybe people don't do it anymore. Thanks for the responses ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back