Sophia Joy ~ Newborn

bellacat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.wildroseportraitphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
She is only 9 days old. I have never had an outdoor session before for a newborn so i would love some feedback. C&C welcome and appreciated

2678066220_4869c6c3e1.jpg

2678066088_e458297fc2.jpg

Last edited:
What an adorable baby. As far as the first one, I love the idea, the skin color (she looks so soft!), but it is hard having the basket cut a line right through your picture. As cute as the flower is, I think I would prefer to have just had the picture of her. I am sure the mother will still adore it, and it is my favorite out of the two. Cute idea with the second one. It is a little too centered and snap-shotish to be a favorite though. Good job. I can't believe she is only 9 days old. She looks so aware and awake.

It is a little too centered and snap-shotish to be a favorite though.

I totally disagree. I think the centering works and in no way is it snapshotish. It's a great shot! I really like the new edit of #1 as well. I liked the idea you had with the flower but I'm more drawn the one without. Not as crazy about the pink blanket on the rocks though for some reason. It almost has an abandoned baby look to it.

The first image is very sweet, and I like your second edit. :)
I agree that the second image is a little snapshotish. I think those types of newborn images work best with a sleeping baby, and I would rather see her swaddled in a natural looking blanket or wrap of some sort.
I also think that shooting from a lower perspective with a shallow depth of field would help move it away from a snapshot feel.

Not as crazy about the pink blanket on the rocks though for some reason. It almost has an abandoned baby look to it.

See now that one of the baby on the rock is my favorite! It's not typical and very creative. She looks so comfy! I don't think she looks abandoned at all.

I also like the close-up one with her in the basket, minus the flower - all of the attention is on her sweet face.

Beautiful photos! :)

thanks ladies. I have not been on TPF for a while so I missed these replies.

The more I see the photos of Sophia on the rock the more i love it. its something new. I just wish the rock was a little lower so i could capture the water in the creek.

Just for fun here are a few more
2739679295_f0b2d9d85f.jpg

2740513776_ba02ec1961.jpg

2740513170_67968bd7e6.jpg

2739674025_20d2572f79.jpg

Most reactions

Back