1:
sophiahavingcoffee.jpg

2:
womaninlibrary_3copy.jpg

3:
sophiabetweenthebooks.jpg

The added one

sophiauphigh.jpg

I like the composition of the second and third one. The first one isn't bad, but I just don't feel it. This isn't a bad thing, though. I'm very emotionally driven when looking at a photo, so I many times feel detached from a photo with near perfect composition. Its just that I don't get it, and its more me than you.

I really like the framing of the third one, but what about this: Put a book in her hand that makes the scene somewhat ironic or interesting, like "Fahrenheit 451" or "Through the Looking Glass" or (insert interesting title here)? You don't have to do it, but I am just trying to play the role of a Muse. Maybe get the creative wheel rolling (but from the looks of it, it already is rolling quite well). I just found that one of the first things I thought about is, "What book is she reading?" and it seems like it could really be a focal point of the photo if you want it to be.

The book is called "Not Till The Fat Lady Sings"
I dont know who it is by although we thought the title funny.
Unfortunately it didn't all show up.

I'll give you some cc if you send me a pack of Gudang Garam cloves.

Im not contributing to anyone's irritating habit of smoking

All right.

#1 is great...as if she's secretly indulging some guilty pleasure.

Composition and colors are right on in #2, except for the black area on the left. It clashes with the rest of the patterns, textures, and colors and is therefore distracting. It might be safe to crop it out.

#3 is a nice stock sort of shot, though if that's what you're going for I think the colors ought to be a little cleaner. If not, what were you going for?

All right.

#1 is great...as if she's secretly indulging some guilty pleasure.

Composition and colors are right on in #2, except for the black area on the left. It clashes with the rest of the patterns, textures, and colors and is therefore distracting. It might be safe to crop it out.

#3 is a nice stock sort of shot, though if that's what you're going for I think the colors ought to be a little cleaner. If not, what were you going for?

Actually none of these were planned or thought out. We just finished discussing working with each other and happened to be in a very photogenic place and decided to get a couple shots in.

She has done stuff for Urban Outfitters, Macy's and a few others and has very good contacts. She is helping me expand my range I suppose in return for photos of her as well as introduce me to some possibly influential people. I agree that #3 is pretty much a stock photo, you and I have both seen it many times before. This week we are supposed to get together and actually plan out some shots so I am excited for that .. 1 of them in an old bomb shelter.
Anyhow... thanks for the critique and just so you know.... i used to be a smoker.. 15 years..

#2- maybe crop out the pillar or whatever it is on cam left.

I agree fully with everyone about the crop. Without it there is no boundary on the openess she is staring into!

Most reactions

Back