Sorry to generalize, but why do you people....

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Aye-non Oh-non Imus, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Aye-non Oh-non Imus

Aye-non Oh-non Imus TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    ..... flood the Beginners Forum with questions about gear and all sorts when appropriate forums are out there? Maybe it's my own interpretation, but.....

Photography Beginners' Forum & Photo Gallery (166 Viewing)
    Brand new to photography, or brushing up on some of the basics? Don’t be shy! Talk to other beginners and ask all your basic photographic questions here. Show us some of the photos you have taken so far and get some review - so you can learn where there is room for improvement.

Questions about photo gear should go here.....

Photography Equipment & Products: News & Reviews (166 Viewing)
    Talk about the latest photographic headlines and read - or give - product reviews. Also get advice on what equipment to purchase and get opinions from others about various products.

Questions about photo editing should go here.....

Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery (24 Viewing)
    A place to show off your post processing skills, with explanations on how you achieved the results, including specialty images such as HDR. Share information and techniques using Adobe's Photoshop and other popular graphics software.

And so on.

Is it just me being cantankerous or are you unaware that categories are available? Just because you are a Beginner, doesn't mean your question is. The more these forums are used properly, I'd bet more experienced members will be more inclined to address your questions.

/rant

2. McMommy

McMommy TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    So to clarify... beginner photos that have been post processed shouldn't go in this forum?

3. Aayria

Aayria TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I think the "photography beginner's forum" just draws the eye of anyone new to the site or new to posting in general.. "I'm new.. I have a newbie question... and the beginner forum is near the top of the list, and seems pretty active.. why not start there?"
    You also get a lot of "regulars" who "hang out" in just this section, so if a poster is looking to get responses from other newbies or people he/she knows hang out here, they might just post it in this forum. But meh = \ It doesn't bother me at all, but I do think that if somebody has a speciffic gear/equipment question they're more likely to get speciffic replies if they post in the proper section.

4. pbelarge

pbelarge TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I do not think he is saying that at all.

It is pretty simple actually.
    Choose the forum title that best fits what one is posting.

The beginner forum is first, so that is probably why it gets the most posts.

One way around this for viewers is to click on "New Posts". Then one can scan through for what one is willing to view. ;)

5. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    And while we're on the topic...don't post questions about lenses, tripods or lighting equipment in the 'Digital' section. :roll:

6. Ryan L

Ryan L TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I think this post should be moved to:

Off Topic Chat
    A place to talk about anything outside the topic of photography - but please keep your political and religious views to yourself. Enjoy!

Maybe there should be a rants and raves section?? lol

Seriously though, I do think there are some off subject posts on here, but in every forum I have ever been to has them. I would rather see them off subject area than to have every post moderated and approved before posting though. Just my thoughts.

7. Aayria

Aayria TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The QQ MOAR forum
    A place to QQ, whine, rant, and otherwise vent about all things related or not to photography.

8. reznap

reznap No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Every 2 days or so there's a complaint thread which gets to about 20 posts and gets locked by the mods. OP (read: anonymous) is right on schedule! :thumbup:

9. gsgary

gsgary Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    And NSFW will have to be posted on other forums that is not PRUDE :lol:

10. gryphonslair99

gryphonslair99 Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    And while we are on the subject, why can't we have a CC/Photo gallery forum separate from the Beginners forum. :confused:

11. gryphonslair99

gryphonslair99 Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  12. Village Idiot

Village Idiot No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    It used to be just the beginner forum and separate from the photo forum, but the noobs couldn't figure out that pictures should go in the pictures section so it ended up getting changed. That's one of the reason there's barely any traffic in the photos section of TPF.

And while on the topic, having classification such as beginner and advanced and leaving it up to the users to decide where to post is horrible.