Sorry To Moon You Again

DennyCrane

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some semi-recent shots of the moon, all with the 70-300 EF lens.

Crescent.jpg

Crescent3.jpg

quartermoon.jpg

halfmoon.jpg

Moon5-24-10.jpg

Moon5-25-10.jpg

moon05-30-10.jpg

You're getting some incredible detail with that 70-300. I like #4 the best. It has a nice balance of light/dark, sharp/soft, and textured/smooth.

I like how you kept taking pictures of the moon getting more and more light. It would be cool if you connected all the pictures in a line showing each stage (or maybe in a part circular shape) instead of putting them under one another...just an idea, but great shots!

Are these 100% crops? The detail is great. I like the 3rd and 4th best.

Wow, this is very nice pictures of the moon I didn't think the camera without a longer lens is capable of!

Thanks, all.
Ben, yes- 100% crop.
Most of these are using f/8 and slightly underexposed. Live View is critical for getting the focus right, as well as a 10 second timed shutter release.

Fantastic. I took my first successful moon shot a couple of weeks back. It's a really fun challenge. I found that disabling the Auto Lighting Optimizer feature made the shots work out better.

Here's my moon shot, if you're interested. It was shot with my 55-250mm lens.

You really like the moon huh?

You're inspiring me to go out there with the same lens and try mirror lockup on my tripod, see if I can get the same results..

I have the same lens and struggle to get near that level of detail - I think the 50% extra resolution of your T1i over my 40d is helping you a bit here.

Great shots though.

Live view zoom focus, 10 second shutter delay, and a heavy tripod are your friends.

Most reactions

Back