Sorta Weird lol

Miaow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
s7.invisionfree.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Was chatting to someone on MSN the other day and showing her some macro shots off here - Was saying gee one day I'd love one of these macro lenses (priced the one I think it was as about $1000 Aus)

Any way she's like well have another baby - here we get a baby bonus when you have a baby, money to help you out when you have a baby etc - I think currently its about $5000 Aus - I mean I doubt I'd have another baby just to get a macro lens - One 2 year old is hard enough LOL

Sorta weird she'd say that LOL

Anyway if you were female would you have another baby just to get a lens? - I gather most people woule say no to this idea LOL

Woah!!

I have 3 kids, and even if I had none or less then that..... I wouldn't have them so I could buy a lense lol... that's mad....!

Anyway if you were female would you have another baby just to get a lens? - I gather most people woule say no to this idea LOL

50-60k you could build up a pretty nice equipment list. Chances are though that you'd only have time to take photos of your kids.

50-60k you could build up a pretty nice equipment list. Chances are though that you'd only have time to take photos of your kids.

:lmao: I don't think you'd even get time to scratch yourself, let alone take pics, or set up that 'pretty nice equipment'

The 'pretty nice equipment' list also then gets also attcked by children - I once found my 2yo with my 18-55mm lens in the bathroom - is REALLY lucky she didnt hurt it LOL

we get that in the US too. Pretty strange to think anyone would think of having another child just to get that money, no matter how you spend it. The kid will cost you 10x that amount in the course of their life. I gather she was joking..

we get that in the US too. Pretty strange to think anyone would think of having another child just to get that money, no matter how you spend it. The kid will cost you 10x that amount in the course of their life. I gather she was joking..

It's been sorta nicknamed the plasma bonus here cause cause people spend it on things like plasma TVs rather that baby things

BTW Shes got 3 and one on the way - not sure if she was joking....But after a few you have the main things you need etc

Well... I think it's pretty obvious that she was just kidding. One would hope that a human life is worth a little more than a lens... I don't care what kind.

However, I would consider selling my body for a D3... lmao!

....But after a few you have the main things you need etc

I mean, a life in general is costly. Sure, the first 2 or 3 years after the 2nd baby is born isn't too costly. But then they need their own diapers, food and clothes. Easily 5,000 in 3 yrs. Then, after that of course... college, a car, housing, FOOD, clothes, new toys, haircuts, new shoes, playdates, birthdays, christmas!!!, I mean the list is endless on how much kids cost.

I think there was some study done that says to raise a child to 18 costs the parents 350,000. I'd have to double check that figure, but just recalling off the top of my brain. 350k!

Plus, you coulnd't pay me to do those sleepless nights and poopy diapers all over again :lol:

In internet article I read somewhere... from birth through university, closer to $500,000.00 for the average American.

In internet article I read somewhere... from birth through university, closer to $500,000.00 for the average American.

Probably the same study I read- I couldn't remember the exact figure. Amazing to think of it as half a million bucks to raise a child:wink:

The 'pretty nice equipment' list also then gets also attcked by children - I once found my 2yo with my 18-55mm lens in the bathroom - is REALLY lucky she didnt hurt it LOL

Was it the kit lens? In that case the 2 year old was probably doing you a favor! :lmao:

its so hard to have 2 kids and do photography. My 1 year old broke my 50mm1.8 and I broke my speedlite when she fell (running to get her)

But if our governent gave me money to make offspring, I totally would...it isnt like it costs alot to raise them ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back