Sound of Insh

Again, love the wide format.

Great shot, Pete. Perfect composition for this subject.

Great shot, Pete. Perfect composition for this subject.

Thanks mate, I do have one without the island but I liked it better with. And the central compositioning worked better to my eye. I'll need to check my original shot again cos it's bugging me that I've cut off the island s bit on the RHS

Why'd ya tell us?? I hadn't noticed! lol

That's beautiful, makes me feel like I'm there.

I thought at first the title said Sounds of Irish, probably because I'm tired (but maybe because I saw U2 on tv the other day and have that on the brain).

Why'd ya tell us?? I hadn't noticed! lol

That's beautiful, makes me feel like I'm there.

I thought at first the title said Sounds of Irish, probably because I'm tired (but maybe because I saw U2 on tv the other day and have that on the brain).

Thanks! Hahaha, yeah I probably shouldn't have said. Trust me it's even more magical in person, the quality of the light here sometimes is fantastic. This one was a day where the light wasn't great but it backlit that sail nice. I can totally see how it would look like Irish, there are a lot of names here that are closely linked to Ireland. In fact I was at Dunadd hill fort today where the kings of Ireland and the first Kings of Dalriata (known as scotti - where the name Scotland came from) were crowned. Hopefully I'll have some workable files to follow later on that one.

Oops, apparently I've got the name of this wrong and the islands in the distance are actually the Garvellachs

Most reactions

Back