South Bridge Concord River MA - C&C Appreciated

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Really not sure how I feel about this...

The mornings on this river are kinda neat because there tends to be a fog over it (less noticable this morning than it was yesterday unfortunately), and the scene is pretty... but... dunno.

Thoughts?

Concord - South Bridge - 001 TPF.jpg

I think it's a nice shot! Good composition and subjects. However, I'd play with the levels a bit.

I can see why you're undecided about this. The haze makes this photo only just "hazy", reducing its sharpness and contrasts some, but is not to be recognised as mist or fog. So you might have needed to be there either with the camera ready on the day before when the mist above the water was more clearly visible, or be there on a clear morning.

All in all it looks like a lovely spot. Must be interesting to see photos taken from there through all the seasons.

something in the middle is bugging me- it looks like power lines
nice composition though and a good subject
maybe brighten the colors some

I think it's a nice shot! Good composition and subjects. However, I'd play with the levels a bit.

I did... a lot actually. I just couldn't quite seem to salvage it. Frustrating. Thanks for the compliment, though.

I can see why you're undecided about this. The haze makes this photo only just "hazy", reducing its sharpness and contrasts some, but is not to be recognised as mist or fog. So you might have needed to be there either with the camera ready on the day before when the mist above the water was more clearly visible, or be there on a clear morning.

All in all it looks like a lovely spot. Must be interesting to see photos taken from there through all the seasons.

Yeah it really is. I was thinking I might make a point of doing that. I drive by that place 2x a day, every day. Only problem is the point where you take the shot is dangerous. :lol: Not to mention the spot where you park is in a little neighborhood right near where some teenage girls get on the bus, so everytime I stop there a woman watching the kids through the door comes out and glares at me. :er: Not that I blame her, but I'm not a molester, lady. :lol:

Anyway, I agree on the whole fog/fuzzy/bleh thing. I think I'll have to chalk this up to "not quite" and hit the site again when either the light is better or the fog is way more pronounced. Fortunately, the leaves haven't hit their peak yet, so I've got some time and may even get some better colors in the bargain.

something in the middle is bugging me- it looks like power lines
nice composition though and a good subject
maybe brighten the colors some

Nice eye! There are, in fact, powerlines draped across the bridge. I did enough doctoring on the image as it was and didn't want to horse around with cloning those out, too... figured no one would even notice. Silly me. :) I'll zap 'em next time. :)

i can see where you would be hung up on this one, while it is pretty it isn't what you were going for. But, by your post you are familiar with this bride and you can alway go back and on a cold morning and catch it with the steam fog.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back