Southern Alberta Wind Farm

moliver

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi folks, here's a few of the shots from my trip to the wind farms. There's more on my flickr page. Comments are of course welcome!

I really love number two and three. I love the severity of the sky.
I also really like the last one, but mainly because you can see how huge the fans are (not sure the correct term) compared to a telephone pole\roads etc. Really neat stuff! I do find the last couple images a wee bit grainy? perhaps it's my eyes or screen.. but that's the only thing I'm gonna pick apart!

i stand corrected, i didn't realize you had done it with film! i assume the scan would have created that!

The grainy ones are the ones shot on the cheap Arista brand film. I actually really love the colours that the film produced, but it's quite grainy for an ISO 100 film. Thanks a lot for your kind words, unfortuanately I don't feel I did a very good job capturing the scale of these machines. When I first went up to one and looked at it I felt dizzy from the sheer enormity of it... WOW.

Awesome shots... However yes I agree with you- they look WAY bigger in real life!!! The one that is closest to showing the real scale is #2... When you stand underneath them, for myself anyway, it makes me postively dizzy.

I live right near the new wind farms here in Ontario....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back