Southern Belle

JohnMF

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
This is a digital painting i done (in Corel Painter) of Scarlott Johansson. She reminded me of one of those Southern Ladies you see in Westerns

It took me almost seven hours to comlpete. Hopefully better than that Flower painting i posted a week ago :)

scarlettsmall9b.jpg

Very nice, Do you display your art work any place else.

No i don't, i don't have enough work to display. Once i've done a few more i will set up some sort of online gallery. I'm currently working on a Natalie Portman portrait, not sure it's really comming together the way i wanted it to, but i will bare with it.

Hopefully in future, if i get good enough, i would like to do portraits for people.

No i don't, i don't have enough work to display. Once i've done a few more i will set up some sort of online gallery. I'm currently working on a Natalie Portman portrait, not sure it's really comming together the way i wanted it to, but i will bare with it.

Hopefully in future, if i get good enough, i would like to do portraits for people.

Ah, the reason I asked is one of those impulse questions, you know the type I work for such and such and we need more people like you...blah blah and I honestly want to see more.

Truth is that is good, I litterally sift threw hundreds of pictures a night from people who have no intention of becoming even that good. It's a very nice thing to find such hidden talent. Finding also a person who wishes to improve further is a bonus.

Yes, definately bare with it, A true artist is never fully plaesed with their work, so don't allow something minor to halt it. Continue with it and apply what you have learned to the next picture.

Thanks Anty

John this is brilliant....really well done:hail:

What brushes did you use???

Your talent maybe for faces.....think we all have a talent for something!!!
Let you know when i find out what mine is!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patricia...........:D

thanks you two.

Patricia, I've always prefared portraits, so you might be right

I have just finished a couple more, this is the Natalie Portman one i was working on.

naport3small.jpg

and this one is referenced from a stock image. Not sure it's complete so i may go back to it

Cloneofbobbi2d.jpg

I used Bristle Oils 20, Cover Pencil, Greasy Pencil and Soft Blender Stump 20 for the brushes. They're the only ones i have any clue how to use

...these are fantastic. I'd hang the Portman on my wall.

thanks GoM

Patricia..

do you mean smudged the pixels about from the original image to make it look like a painting? I did try that when i first got corel but i wasn't happy with the end results so i started just approaching it as you would a real painting. I have seen the smudging thing done pretty well by others though

i do trace an initial sketch on a separate layer with a 'pencil' brush first, to make sure all the features will be in the right place, and i use the eye dropper to take sample colours from the original, then work from there

Do you take requests by chance

i am off work for a few days so i will prob be looking to do another. Do you have any suggestions Battou?

I'd like to see Anete Funichello but good reference pics of her are hard to find, or maybe Bettie Page.

as far as more reasent people I am horrible at remembering names

Most reactions

Back