Southern Wood duck

Chiller

Mental case
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
quack.........y'all

As promised to Canoncan and Airic, I capture this image of a Southern Wood duck, at the Memphis zoo.

160_6006wd.JPG

Its beautiful! I really have never seen a REAL duck like that before! My mom has wooden painted ducks though. Nice capture :)

Chiller, that's amazing ... love the reflection, too.

i love wood ducks..they are so interesting... and did you know you can build wood duck boxes and nail to the trees, and they will fly up to the box and raise thier babies in the box.... only ducks i know that nest up ....

ok, useless trivia there...just a thought...

great shot chiller... how do you know its a southern duck, and not a northern aggressor duck coming down here to burn atlanta???

actually, wait... looking closer, i think it has grits on its bill.....

nice shot chiller!, We have a lot of these around here in the spring and summer, but I can never seem to get a picture of one. Much like crows they seem to know you have a camera :)

So of the "Marsh-Trio" all three have their wood duck photos now? I am so happy for you! :D

Like I have said in one of the other Wood-Duck-Threads, I have never seen any in real life before. They are beautiful bird with their colourful feathers. And the way you framed this - including the full reflection - is really good. I like it!

oh cool! love the reflection.. great exposure :thumbsup:
nice shot :D

Thanks everyone for your comments. I appreciate all of them.
April...thanks for the tidbit of info on the ducks. I had no idea either. I could tell it was a southern duck, cause it quacked me up.
Wally....I know what you mean. Im having a problem getting a crow and not a blue heron. Seems some birds are harder then others.
LaFoto...the colours are really amazing on these ducks. The big red eye, kinda freaks me out.
Thanks again everyone.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back