Spammers

Essentially,
if you were on about 45 minutes ago a new poster started posting pure junk.
Titles were about 1-1/2 lines long of pure junk
And the posting itself was essentially "asdfasdfadfa asd fasdf asdf a asdf asd "

There was at least 15 of those in quick succession.

Thus, if a poster gets enough "REPORTS" against them in a short time frame.
Then all their posts should be put in a hidden place until reviewed.
And the poster would be suspended until reviewed.

or until the English teachers choke on their morning coffee ... Lenny ?

Yes, there was a lot of annoying spam this morning and I am sure I am not the only one to have reported it.

Yes, that was a garbled OP - I blame too much sun ;)

But yes I did understand it because I've seen much much worse but still got the meaning. I understood it to mean the same thing as you explained.

Happy Monday! :biglaugh:
Yes, she "got the meaning"
:biglaugh:

es, that was a garbled OP - I blame too much sun ;)
Never!

Me understand English enough to speak it good. :p

:allteeth:
And he's from Pennsylvania ...

:)
Don't be jealous of my mad skills.

I believe my comprehension was a result of MY mad skillz, yo ;)
True true...

So, now we know that people in New York, Pennsylvania, and SE Michigan have mad skills.

The jury is still out on NW Michigan.

Is there a thing that if someone keeps posting threads and there isn't a mod online but regular peons report their posts enough so that the user gets blocked from posting until a mod decides whether or not that person is a spammer and can take action before the spammer takes over the forum?

Uh... did that make sense?

So, is that a thing? If not, it probably should be a thing.
On an individual basis, I notice there is a "people you ignore" selection in the drop down menu you get by clicking on your name. I've never used it, but it might solve a problem with unwanted posts for you without a global approach.

On an individual basis, I notice there is a "people you ignore" selection in the drop down menu you get by clicking on your name. I've never used it, but it might solve a problem with unwanted posts for you without a global approach.
Yes, the "ignore" feature will hide posts by the people on your list, and it will hide threads started by people on the list. Instead of the posts, you will get one line of text to the effect of "Show ignored content?" so you can selectively see it, if you want.

Instead of spam, we get drivel.

You'd have to take the time to place the spammers on your ignore list. Usually, by the time you do that, the spammers are long gone.

And spammers are usually banned anyway, so there will be no more posts for you to ignore.

Most reactions

Back