Sparkling

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
For a while now, I have tried my best at capturing sunbursts_on_droplets because I am fascinated with the light and the "stars" you can create with a very small aperture, and when for a while this morning the sun "lit up" the glasses in the living room cupboard, I could not help myself, I had to try again:

glitzer2.jpg

This is only one example of many pics I took, I tried this angle and that etc. (and ought to have taken out those little trinkets which I failed to notice while I was so obsessed with the sparkles ... :er: :roll: ), and then I suddenly thought how it might look if I deliberately went totally out of focus and only worked with the sparkles and their rainbow colours (some had them from only a certain angle). This is the result:

glitzer1.jpg

Funny, isn't it?

i like it alot. i personally think it would look better if the other object wearnt in the image but still a great shot none the less.

To which of the two pics are you referring? The sharp one or the blurred one? For the little cat in the deckchair cannot be seen in the blurred one, now can it? And yes, you are right: I should have been more observant and better had removed them, but I didn't ... :er: ... silly me.

I like these both. The 'sparkle' is great in the first, although I do see a few pieces of dust it looks like. ;)

In the second, the abstractness (is that a word?) is really cool. I wonder what it would look like if you could change the color temperature to a bit of a cooler one? (Did you shoot in RAW?) The only thing that bothers me about this one is the circular patterns most evident in the 3 leftmost nonagons (Had to look that one up!).

Is that a 9-blade aperture? ;)

looks nice.

the first one looks a bit noisy though. the star is great!

Shhh, JDS! Must you mention the dust!?!?!?!?!?! :oops:
whistle.gif

Weeeelll, Alex ... the top one was taken at ISO 400 (f18, 1/100 sec. at 168mm) and I upped exposure some in the RAWShooter Essentials, by half a stop. That may well account for the noise.

Which answers your question, JDS, i.e. if I took these in RAW and I did, but the beech wood furniture, lit up by the bright sun, did give off this very warm tone ... but I might, of course, go ALL abstract and change that, too! Should I?

Yeah, I'd be curious to see it! You might lose that rainbow effect though..

Weeeelll, Alex ... the top one was taken at ISO 400 (f18, 1/100 sec. at 168mm) and I upped exposure some in the RAWShooter Essentials, by half a stop. That may well account for the noise.

well increasing exposure in postprocessing is similar in effect as going to higher ISO .. so that explains the noise :)

I know, but I needed the ISO 400 at that f-stop and knew upon taking this one that part of it would be underexposed as not to get too bright a sparkle point, see. (Actually, all this is always just "playing", and I could have brought the tripod, mount the camera, go for even longer exposure times at lower ISOs, but ... you know ... this was only just a bit of fun...)

well.. continue the fun :)

i really like the blurred picture with the spectrum. really interesting!

I cant really see what your trying to get to with this... why would you want this in a photography?.. if it was me, I would just do this in photoshop...

I do like that little figure sitting in the deck chair.. what is it?

Most reactions

Back