Sparrow Noir

Sorry, but it doesn't.
The Black and White on #1 would be good but it's out of focus and I'd like to have a little more space to the left to get the sparrow out of the center of the photo.
#2 is out of focus as well and the dark head of the sparrow gets "lost" in the dark color of the bokeh. The reflection and the point of view is very good in this one but the shot just doesn't look appealing to me.

Sorry, but it doesn't.
The Black and White on #1 would be good but it's out of focus and I'd like to have a little more space to the left to get the sparrow out of the center of the photo.
#2 is out of focus as well and the dark head of the sparrow gets "lost" in the dark color of the bokeh. The reflection and the point of view is very good in this one but the shot just doesn't look appealing to me.

I'd have said the exact same thing. I saw the color version of #2 on your flickr page, and think it's a better image with the same crop applied. Color helps the sparrow stand out from the background.

Thank you for the comments.

I think #2 could be pretty good! But, like the others said, it's a little out of focus. Make sure you have your camera set to "single point focus."

Most reactions

Back