Speak your mind on my christmas present

Pax

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here's a a picture of little Amy that I like very much. I think her parents would adore it, too (especially because this picture is so much Amy! ;) ), so I'll make it their christmas present.

The only thing I'm unsure about is the selective colouring, because while I appreciate what the red does to the picture I don't want it to dominate it. So I'm wondering: How colour-intense should the red pot on her head be? What do you think?

Here are a few alternatives I came up with.

#1: The original colour of the pot.
Session51.jpg

#2: Slightly less intense colour.
Session511.jpg

#3: Medium intensity.
Session512.jpg

#4: Least intense.
Session513.jpg

Also, what do you think about the crop? Is it okay like this or too tight, in your opinion?

And is there something that bothery you in general? Something that I didn't see? Or is the composition itself fine?

I think no 3 looks right to me although I think there should be a little more space above her head/the pot.

Also the shadow is very distracting, looking like a thick black line above her left arm and the shadow of her right hand across her face.

Has the image been softened at all?

No. 3 for me as well, what a lovely shot... I'm sure her parents will love it.

As for the crop it is quite tight and I would love to see the rest of her hand on the right as the hand expressions only add to the facial expression in this photo.

Apart from that it's all good. :)

The shot seems a little uncomfortable to me. The light is harsh. To me his fingers are distracting. I think the reshoot should involve some bounce cards to soften the light. Consider the pensive child. Ironically grownups' can learn a lot from kids.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back