Speaking of languages...

santino said:
Lumi: Is it very hard? I love that language (but don't know much about it :))

Spanish is a pretty straight forward language to acquire. I've found that it is very similiar to italian so its almost like ya gettin 'two for the price of one ' when you learn either spanish OR italian ;).
A lot of words in spanish are basically the same as in english .....
eg. foto in spanish is photo in english.

AlisonS said:
I do know some sign language also.
I know some sign language too. I use it every now and then while driving and expressing displeasure with one individual at a time :wink:

Learning Spanish right now (just started). Seeing as how I live only 3 hours away from Mexico, figured why not. Actually, being so close to Mexico means that 50% of AZ will be Spanish speaking very soon. I also work for a company where a lot of our stuff in manufactured in MX and knowing Spanish makes you very valuable.

It's amazing though that people from all over the world seem to know atleast 2 languages if not 5 or more. Just part of growing up for you Europeans but here us ignorant Americans kant hardlee speek hour own dam werds rite. When you read things like "You local business newspaper was written at a 6th grade level for easier understanding.............." :shock:

Gess sum ov us need dat Derek Zoolander Skool for kidz hoo kant reed good

santino said:
"una media birra, per favore" :D
that's italian, am I right?

That's it! A medium size beer. You got it. :lol:

huh... yes... actually Polish is my mother tongue. I know English (I have cae so in Poland I'm allowed to teach it in high schools), I know German pretty well (7 years of studying, living 19 km from the german border). I also learn Italian now and I know about 30 words :)

Also I can almost fluently speek Czech while it is quite simmilar to Polish.

malachite said:
AlisonS said:
I do know some sign language also.
I know some sign language too. I use it every now and then while driving and expressing displeasure with one individual at a time :wink:

Yeah, it's handy there too :)

I have a fleeting recollection of German and French, I used to be quite good at both, but have managed to forget most of it through lack of use.

I hope to be fluent in French soon. I've already taken 6 years, but I still have a ways to go :roll:
Hopefully I'll get better after visiting France this winter :goodvibe:

Most reactions

Back