spec inside the camera body! need help.

ok, glad to know it can be fixed one way or another.

thanks guys

A piece that size will likely give way if you set the camera to cleaning mode, turn it upside down and gently blow into it. I highly suggest getting a blower bulb to do that though since the last thing you want to do is accidentally gob on it.

I think it's a coincidence that you have both sensor dust and sensor in your viewfinder. Likely two separate pieces. Dust on the lens rarely make a visible difference to the image.

ok so i looked in the camera. looking directly in i see the mirror. i look up into the body and seen what ever is above the mirror like in front of the viewfinder(is this the sensor?). and i see the spec. so use the copperhill image sensor cleaner for that?

Last edited:
No. That's the focusing screen. The sensor is behind the mirror and behind the shutter curtain. Set your camera to cleaning mode and then look into the body. The mirror will flip up and the shutter will open. This will likely reveal ANOTHER spec, the one that actually shows up on the photos.

Looks like sensor dust to me. Must be pretty big to show up at f5.3. Put the camera in mirror lock-up mode (this will hide the mirror) and look at the sensor. As others have suggested, get a blower and try to blow it off.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back