Special Edit: Psycho Pass (Cosplay)

DGMPhotography

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
From Colossalcon East!

2 versions.. wasn't sure if I liked the lens flare or not.

1. ColossalconEast2017_Daryll Morgan Photography-1.jpg
2. ColossalconEast2017_Daryll Morgan Photography-2.jpg

Open to C&C!

I dont see the flare, looks like you posted the same photo twice?

A bit of green on her skin might wirknbeing that the entire BG is green.

# 2 is better. The lens flare just looks like film spots.

I dont see the flare, looks like you posted the same photo twice?

A bit of green on her skin might wirknbeing that the entire BG is green.

First one has a subtle flare. These are already much greener than original, but I'll try some more.

# 2 is better. The lens flare just looks like film spots.

I feel like it needs something, though

i straight up do not see a difference in the two photos...they both look the same to me.

since you were compositing these anyway, i would have shot with a lot more DOF and gotten the hand in focus along with the rest of her.
the OOF hand in the foreground is distracting.
otherwise i think its a good cosplay shot as is.

Yall might need to view it on a bigger screen, or different one. It's showing up just fine on my computer.

I agree about the DOF though. I wish the gun was in focus.

Alright, here is a slightly more green version, and I got rid of the flare since no one could see it anyway.

ColossalconEast2017_Daryll Morgan Photography-3.jpg

And here is a version with a stronger vignette, and some added texture. I actually kinda like this. I also adjusted the catchlights in her eyes to more accurately reflect the gun (color and position).

ColossalconEast2017_Daryll Morgan Photography-3.jpg

Last edited:
I like the last edit with the stronger vignette. Nothing stands out to me for giving notes on that hasn't already been said. Solid shot in my opinion.

Not a fan of her expression. It reads, "Do I really have to do this?" Her hand is also in a strange position for supposedly being in the middle of firing a weapon.

For the record, I did see the flare, but it really didn't add anything to the shot.

Not a fan of her expression. It reads, "Do I really have to do this?" Her hand is also in a strange position for supposedly being in the middle of firing a weapon.

For the record, I did see the flare, but it really didn't add anything to the shot.

My thoughts as well; her expression seems not in accord with the action...and the flare looke artificial, and did not help advance the theme. I prefer the non-flared shot.

Funny enough, that's actually pretty in-line with her character, so I think her expression is okay in this case!

Thank you all for your feedback.

Most reactions

Back