Specialized Tips forums

wolfepakt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.wolfecs.biz
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am wanting to learn some techniques for particular photography styles. I would like to see forums on (just examples here add to as you please):
Portriat Photography
Candids
Wildlife (animals NOT party pix)
Outdoor Landscapes
Space and Telescope

Any other suggestions? Deletions? Am I way off base?

Anyway, that's my $0.02 USD

WolfePak

I like the ideas, and I can definitely see the interest, but it makes it difficult to navigate a forum with too many topics listed.

Ideally, I would like to see that information (and in turn, the requests for that type of information) included in the "Examples/How-To" forum. It won't be quite as easy to browse without the multiple categories, but I think will work better than having too many forums listed on the index page.

Further input on this subject is welcomed!

Chase

Certianly a good point I had not thought of.
Tough call between to many forums and to many topics in a forum...... Glad I am not the one who has to make the decision :)

Browsing the How-To section is what gave me the idea.
e__ 's easy intro thing was what caught my eye.

On the same note, it would be nice to have a sub-FAQ or even just a link list to help facilitate those of us who know little to nothing about how to do what it is we want to do. On that list could also me a recommended reading list.

Anyway, there is $0.02 USD more.
WolfePak

it is hard and sort of a pain to have too many forums...
I think this might be a good idea after there are more users... because now there arent too many users and i think the number of boards is perfect.

Sin Q

Another idea, may be to take the really good (not sure how to decide what is really good, e_'s portriature easy how-to would get the 1st vote from me!) topic's or how to's and make them sticky topics.

I do see a problem inherent here as well though. Which 4 or 5 or less topics get this designation, because to have any more than that would make the page full of sticky topics and leave very few of the new messages on the front page(most frequently viewed if not only viewed page except in a search!)

Anyway this forum is awesome and I am learning a bunch of stuff thanks to all who contribute!

WolfePak

Most reactions

Back