Specific photography style

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by richardcook, Jul 14, 2009.

1. richardcook

richardcook TPF Noob!

Hey guys, I'm a bit new here (to posting at least) but I had a question about a certain photograph. Might be a bit of a long shot, but thought I'd at least try.

http://www.melisvandenberg.com/Images/desk photos/frontpage.jpg

Above is the image. I am an artist, just graduated from Edinburgh College of Art here in Scotland, and I've been working a lot with found images. However, I'd like to be able to take these types of photographs myself and just wondered if you guys knew anything... cliché about it?

I'm not sure if you can tell, but is this just taken on a standard digital slr? Or perhaps a lomography camera? I want the same feel, qualities, colours etc to be able to take with my camera, and the image is SO sharp. Any ideas?

Like I said, it's such a shot in the dark and I'm not very specific with what I need to know, but I'd love to learn this sort of photography and progress.

Any help would be most appreciated,

Thanks,

Richard

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  2. Samanax

Samanax TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    This picture wasn't taken by you? If not, you really shouldn't post images that don't belong to you (copyright laws and such). It's okay if you link to it though.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  3. KmH

KmH Helping photographers learn to fish Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    In fact Richard, it violates TPF's Regs.

4. richardcook

richardcook TPF Noob!

Sorry, I did mean to link it.

5. KmH

KmH Helping photographers learn to fish Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Yep. It's linked now. :thumbup: Be right back.

Unfortunately the EXIF data for that image has been stripped so one would only be able to guess what gizmo the image was made with. However, considering the cluttered background and poor use of window light I think it is safe to guess it was made with a point and shoot digital camera.