specific printer need.

spyder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i have a project/business venture and am in need of a printer. first of all, i cant just go to costco because i need to print it on the spot. the two most important factors are cost per print/replacement costs of ink etc(i will be printing hundreds of photos). and speed. other important features are, quality (as close to lab quality as possible), and reliability (i will be using it on the go). it would also be nice to be able to be run off of a battery which many are capable of doing these days, but that is not imperative. i wouldnt mind spending up to 1000 dollars if the cost per print is very very small, and it is very high quality and very fast, but under 500 would be more comfortable. please share your knowledge with me. thank you

Wow, sounds like you have some specific needs. I would suggest searching either epinions.com for actual users, or a site like Cnet.com. Even one of the photography magazine sites. One of the recent magazines had an article on what's needed for something similar to what you have planned. I think if was "Popular Photography".

Good luck!

Just some things that come to mind....

1) Can you run off a generator or a DC to AC converter from your car?
= Not too many printers are capable of running of battery power

2) What sizes prints do you require?
= 4x6 die-sub printers (liek the Canon Selphy) are affordable, aroudn 38 cents a print, and run off battery packs. The cost climbs quickly and portablility drops fast once you need larger prints.

Remember the Kodak Kiosks at grocery/convenience stores that pop out digital prints right on the spot? Are those quality prints acceptable? If so, try looking into the Kodak 8000 series thermal printers which are the same printers delivered inside those kiosks. I believe the latest version are the Kodak 8500. Unfortunately, they are not exactly portable and require a good bit of wattage to operate.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back