Specific Tripod question....

mrpink

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Wondering if anyone has any advice or experience with this tripod/head setup...

Sunpak | Pro 523PX Carbon Fiber Tripod Kit with 3-Way Pan Head

Seems like a decent starter setup, my D40 does not weigh a lot, I wouldn't imagine it would be anywhere near 6lbs. I played around with the "pistol grip" head at a local camera shop and it seemed to be very fluid- they wanted $210 for the same thing without the 3 way pan head.

My main uses would be for beginner landscape photography and night shots, maybe a family portrait or two. It looks as thought it will get low enough for shots of my 18mo daughter as well.

Thanks in advance.

p!nK

What if it's windy and you need to hang your 10 lb gear bag from the weight hook to anchor the tripod?

My Giottos tripod that is in the same price range has a capacity of 24 lbs.

What if it's windy and you need to hang your 10 lb gear bag from the weight hook to anchor the tripod?

My Giottos tripod that is in the same price range has a capacity of 24 lbs.

isn't the weight rating just for the top side of the tripod?

do you have a link to your setup?

thanks

p!nK

I have one similar, but I would stray away from the grip head, I highly recommend a ball head. Mine is carbon very light, which I love, however if you fully extend the legs it gets shaky, but I have not needed to do that yet, and I have a remote shutter to counter the shakiness.

I do the "bag thing" which works great without having to buy some ridiculously expensive "three sticks and a screw"-accessory...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back