"Spectre" on Film

IMAX always looked blurry to me, not matter how they were shot. Not that I've been to one recently because they also make me queasy. :icon_pale:
If the movie was shot in 35mm it is not IMAX. IMAX uses 70 mm film. IMAX frame is over 8 times bigger than academy format. It is not just size of the screen, everything about IMAX is massive.
But they play Spectre in UltraAVX, where is bigger screen, than regular.

Last edited:
if IMAX is typically 70mm, then shooting 35mm was silly -- It's still film.

there was really no "film" look to the movie.

What did you expectet ? You want that ? Go see "Schindler's list". Shot on DXN

In his interview he said he did it to keep the older bond style. I didn't see that. That's about it.

Still a decent movie. Still broke from seeing it.

using tapatalk.

Curious name DB. DB usually stands for Daimler - Benz. Also for Deustche Bahn, German Railroads. LOL.
Aston Martin's DB stands for David Brown - the industrialist that bought the company in 1947 from the original founders, Robert Bamford & Lionel Martin.

The company started out in 1913 as Bamford & Martin LTD.

In 1914 the company competed successfully at the Aston Hill Climb and the name of the company was changed to Aston Martin.

The first Aston Martin branded car was introduced a year later.

Saw the mnovie, a bit boring but good stunts.
No matter how padded the jacket that fight business in the train must have made some bruises.
Can't understand why Monica Belluci was in that movie; 5 minutes that added nothing except a look at her lovely face.

In his interview he said he did it to keep the older bond style. I didn't see that. That's about it.

Still a decent movie. Still broke from seeing it.

using tapatalk.
Just came back from cinema. Engaging movie, but I guess the brand evolves and I don't like very much the direction. It lacks humor normally associated with this idea. Too serious, too dark, almost like Lord of the ring.
I think it is probably is just me. I liked Brosnian.
Photography is nice, extensive use of shallow dof, sometimes too much but otherwise one can't really tell was shot on film or digitally. At the end doesn't matter really.

Bridge of Spies recently released is also shot in 35mm film (converted to digital for theaters). Spielberg uses Janusz Kaminski his cinematographer in all his moves. Kominski loves and always uses film for a richer, aesthetic, and mood. Janusz Kaminski - IMDb

Most reactions

New Topics

Back