speed

saddog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
racethroughfence0hk.jpg

this was made from two b/w negatives (fence & bikes) that were reversed to make positive images using Kodalith. The color (sparks) is a color slide of a carnival ride at night using time exposure. The three images were sandwiched together in a slide mount. No photoshop on this except to size it for this forum.

Excellent work on this one. Well done!!

saddog said:
this was made from two b/w negatives (fence & bikes) that were reversed to make positive images using Kodalith. The color (sparks) is a color slide of a carnival ride at night using time exposure. The three images were sandwiched together in a slide mount. No photoshop on this except to size it for this forum.
Thansk for that info! I'm suprised terri hasn't commented on this. She probably hasn't seen it. Really good!

Nope, I didn't see this until tonight. Thanks, little birdy! :mrgreen:

I really take my hat off to you, saddog - this is great work! The carnival ride lights are the perfect touch, and you made it work together in an awesome way - it's an exciting shot, to boot. :thumbup:

Love it - coolest thing I've seen done here in a while, and not a speck of PS work. :goodvibe: Keep up the good work!

I have done quite a few images like this but I'm not sure I'll ever do work like this using film and darkroom anymore, it's way easier, way less time and way less money to use Photoshop and the end result would be the same.
Does anyone think this would take away from the end result? I have always felt if you like an image you like an image.
Thanks for all the comments.

Does anyone think this would take away from the end result? I have always felt if you like an image you like an image.
I do. I'm all for doing stuff with computers, but there is defiantly a certain skill required to do things by hand. When you said this wasn't done in Photoshop I was even more impressed and it did add something. It helps it stand out to as so many are done with Photoshop.
Truth be told though, it'd probably come out better with Photoshop. Clearer, sharper and more precise. But then, those hand made faults add to the charm.

You're right though. If you like and image, you like an image.

Most reactions

Back