Speedlight for Canon?

Well, I just got the 430EX, and I can't complain so far. Huge improvement over the built-in flash. I still have to figure out how to use the manual settings.

They all work great depends how much power you need is all that will tetermine what model you realy need to get

They all work great depends how much power you need is all that will tetermine what model you realy need to get

There's more to it than just power. I have the 430EX, and wish I'd have spent the extra couple hundred on a 580EX II.

The 430EX isn't a bad flash, but when you get into some of the manual stuff, it becomes a pain. The crescent buttons are strange, and the 580 layout is much better. Also, the 580 works quite a bit better with off-camera flash. Not to mention, it can be a master to a 430 sometime. Yes, the 580EX has more power, but there's much more to it than that.

I agree with Keith.. If you ever want to consider a wireless multiple flash setup, Buy the 580EXII. Otherwise the 430 is a great flash

I agree with Keith.. If you ever want to consider a wireless multiple flash setup, Buy the 580EXII. Otherwise the 430 is a great flash

My plan was to get the 430 now, since I could afford it, and after I've learned how to really use it, I figured I'll get the 580 at a later time. You don't necessarily have to get the 580 first...unless you plan on getting cheaper slaves. Does the 580 work with other slaves?

The 580- works as either a master to other EX flashes set as slaves, and it can act as a slave as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back