SlimPaul

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

I wasn't sure in what forum to place this topic, I hope this one's fine. I've recently stumbled on a problem with my Nikon SB-900. The photos I take come out totally underexposed :( The flash is set to TTL (I've tried up to +3 EV). The exif data is : f/2.8, ISO 320, 1/40 sec

The batteries are fully charged and the speedlight seems to flash normal. What could possibly be wrong?

Thanks, Paul

Do you have some heavy Minus Exposure Compensation dialed in? I can see some bright pinpoint highlights that make that look like a flash shot, but at f/2.8 at ISO 320 and with a flash firing, the shot should not be so terribly,terribly underexposed.

Indoors under most "normal" artificial lighting, your final picture ought to look reasonably clear and brighter than that shot if exposed at ISO 320 at 1/40 second with the lens set to f/2.8.

Are you SURE the flash is set within the normal range, and not with the power dialed wayyyyy down?

The problem somehow solved itself after mounting the speedlight onto another Nikon and mounting it back on my D90. I appreciate your help Derrel :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back