speedlite flash lifespan

mikehrp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
How long do these last? Do they have a tendancy to fail?
I'm looking to buy the 430ex ii.

Everything has a tendency (however small) to fail. If you're asking "will I have to replace this in a year" the answer is probably not. . .depending on how hard you ride it." Get the flash; longevity shouldn't be a concern when purchasing photo equipment for hobbyist users.

^^ +1.

Unless you blast it it at full power repeatedly *read abuse*, it should give you years of service.

Remember the days of the flash cubes when each of the 4 sides would just blow the hell out of itself when it fired.... Those were funny, but not quite as funny as holding up a pile of black powder and igniting it for flash....

I still have a vivitar 2500 from ten years ago

Here is why I ask.

Sams Club (and Costco) has it for $249 plus tax Sam's Club - Canon Speedlite 430EX

BH has it for $239 no tax.

Sams/Costco will take it back no questions asked if it fails. Being a noob I had no idea how long they last.

Thanks everyone!

Also, nobody locally would come close to matching the price. One guy said "Why dont you buy it at costco?" to which I replied "You know what? I think I will"

i guess you would have to ask yourself if you want to spend the extra money as a form of insurance just to be safe

i guess you would have to ask yourself if you want to spend the extra money as a form of insurance just to be safe

Also, my American Express doubles the manf. warranty so I think two years should be good. I guess BH it is (like always)

Most reactions

Back