spider feeding on a bee

chris82

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
shutterbugs.myfreeforum.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was lucky enough to get this series of a spider feeding on a a...BEE:puke: the last photo in this series is of her young.unluckily I didnt realise it was about to shed its skin because i was rushing to get these photos on the forum.when i went back out to see what was happening all that was left was the skin...bummer

1)
ttt.jpg

2)
ttty.jpg

3)
tttyt.jpg

4)I was gettin a bit creeped out so i couldent keep a good focus
tttytt.jpg

The first one is REALLY something! Cool!
Let's hope neither Mentos nor NoteGraphics will walk in on this thread ... hey, wasn't NoteGraphics to photograph spiders the other day, and didn't he say he "so not 'does' spiders"??? He has not been back to the forum since :shock: I wonder what on earth happened to him!?!?!?!?

thats like something out of my nightmares :lol:

"HIM" ... "spider ate HIM" ... go to our thread on the meet-up, there you can see "Jerry aka NoteGraphics" several times.

And I hope NOT!
I mean: I hope NO spider ate him! He's going to be a father for the first time in a short while ... that child should not have his/her dad eaten by a spider even before he/she is born!!!!! :shock:

Really!? Wow!

How close can you go and still be able to focus? I've got to be around a meter away with my lens before it can focus, i'd like to get as close as you seem to be and fill the frame with the insect.

what kind of camera are you using,on the back of mine(viewing screen side)there is an ok button and a circular one surrounding that.to the right of the outer circular one there is a flower symbol,when i press that...on screen shows three options." 1)off 2)for close ups 3)for super close ups".so i select option three then dont use zoom...dont use zoom.move in as close as you can get to the object that you want to shoot,(it will be very blurred)with out obsructing it then press the button half way(hold it there)and let your camera focus,(some times it wont focus correctly so readjust your angle)when you have focus push button further then release,well thats how i do it any way.hope this helps

I'd ruch rather use zoom and keep my distance :lmao:

Nice shots!!!

chris82 said:
what kind of camera are you using,on the back of mine(viewing screen side)there is an ok button and a circular one surrounding that.to the right of the outer circular one there is a flower symbol,when i press that...on screen shows three options." 1)off 2)for close ups 3)for super close ups".so i select option three then dont use zoom...dont use zoom.move in as close as you can get to the object that you want to shoot,(it will be very blurred)with out obsructing it then press the button half way(hold it there)and let your camera focus,(some times it wont focus correctly so readjust your angle)when you have focus push button further then release,well thats how i do it any way.hope this helps

I'm using a DSLR :p But the lens I was using for the bee focuses at 1.5 meters (I just checked), I'll try with my other lens next time, I think my teleconverter will allow me to keep the shorter focusing distance of my small lens while making the zoom more powerfull.

I'll post the results when I take them.

Most reactions

Back